Enrollment

At dawn the next day, everyone in the Xu family got up. Today, the men of the family took their children to enroll in a school in the town, to get up early to make breakfast.

The seven siblings came out into the courtyard to begin their morning training, which was a quarter of an hour longer this morning than it was last night, and the boys persisted.

When the training is over, everyone is sweating and panting, Qibao gave each person a bowl of spiritual spring water to eliminate their fatigue, and then let them go back to wipe their sweat, the boys only then changed into new clothes and walked out.

The mother-in-law and daughters-in-law had already brought the finished breakfast into the hall. Today Mrs. Wang had cooked a pot of white rice porridge, a pot of stir-fried shredded potatoes taught by Qibao, two plates of pickles, and a hard boiled egg for each person, which was both nutritious and tasty.

After the meal, Xu Dabo brought the boys to the village entrance to sit on Grandpa Xu Dafu's oxcart, there aren't many villagers on the oxcart today, at this time, a little girl on the oxcart excitedly shouted: "Qibao, come and sit next to me." Qibao fixed her eyes to see, it turned out to be Grandpa Dafu's granddaughter, also the original owner's best little friend Xu Huaer, so she smiled and sat next to her: "Qibao, are you okay now? I've always wanted to visit you before, but my mother wouldn't let me go to you, saying that she was afraid that I would delay your recovery, I've missed you so much!" Xu Hua'er hugged Qibao with a happy expression, she had finally met her good friend.

Qibao also said happily: "Hua'er, I'm fine now. If you miss me in the future, just come to my house to find me and we can play together."

"Okay, I heard that your family is going to build a new house? My grandfather also called my father back from town and planned to help your family with the work! Is it true?" Hua'er asked Qibao curiously.

Qibao replied: "It's true. When the house is built, I will invite you to visit my house." After hearing Qibao's words, Hua'er happily agreed.

The villagers riding on the cart were actually curious about the Xu family having money to build a new house, and listening to the two little girls chatting, they smiled along and asked Uncle Xu: "Yifeng, congratulations, when the house will be built. Well, we're going to have a drink!" The villagers in the cart all laughed.

Uncle Xu smiled and said: "Uncle, it's no problem. I'll have enough wine by then, so feel free to drink with all your heart!"

An aunt sitting next to her, smiled and said: "We must go, and don't be reluctant to leave when the time comes!" Then she looked at the 7 children of the Xu family sitting in the cart and asked: "Why did you take all the children at home today?"

Uncle Xu replied: "Aunt Qin, it's like this. The children at home are not young anymore. I want to send them to the academy to study. They will be better off than digging in the dirt in the future!"

The people on the oxcart looked at each other in shock for a while, and Aunt Qin said: "Hey, The tuition fees of the school cost several taels of silver a year! With so many children in your family, you still need dozens of taels a year. Now you're building a house. It looks like your family is making a fortune! No wonder my grandson said he saw your family hauling a load of stuff back the other day."

Uncle Xu smiled and replied: "My family is cooperating with the Zuixianoul in the town, so I have some money on hand. Otherwise, there would be no money to build a new house, let alone send the children to school!"

The villagers in the oxcart were full of envy. Zuixianoul was a big restaurant. They didn't even dare to look at it. They heard that one dish it was worth their monthly salary. Old Xu's family, even talked to Zuixianoul cooperated, which is incredible! Aunt Qin joked: "Yifeng, when you get rich in the future, don't forget about us poor villagers in the same village!" 

He laughed! Uncle Xu smiled and said: "Everyone is joking. No matter what happens to my family in the future, we are still from Xujia Village. If you have any difficulties in the future, our family will lend a hand to anyone who can help!"

The oxcart arrived at the gate of the town amidst everyone's joking. After Qibao bid goodbye to Hua'er, Uncle Xu took her off the oxcart. He said goodbye to the villagers and then headed towards their destinations.

Uncle Xu was holding Qibao, and the boys were following closely behind their father and uncle, looking around curiously.

Xu Dabo took the children all the way towards the academy, as soon as they arrived at the entrance of the academy, it was the time when the academy students were entering the academy one after another. Qibao looked at the students, all walking in groups discussing what the teacher had said in yesterday's class. 

Qibao secretly nodded. It seemed that the students in this academy got along very well with each other, and the learning atmosphere was also very good. She hopes that her brothers will be infected as well, but it's good to not become nerds who only know how to read from a book. 

Xu Dabo found the same teacher from yesterday and arched his hand. "Hello, Master, I am the villager who wanted to send my children to school yesterday. Today I have brought my children."

The teacher turned his head and said: "Remember, my surname is Sun, just call me Mr. Sun." Saying that, he surveyed the children, pointed to little six and said: "This little guy should be under 7 years old, wait until he reaches the age before sending him here!"

"Yes, I just brought this child out to play, I don't intend to enroll him in school, I don't know what formalities I need to do?" Uncle Xu asked.

"Please follow me to see the dean." Master Sun said, walking ahead to lead the way.

Under the leadership of Master Sun, everyone came to a quiet courtyard, where they saw an old man over sixty years old flipping through a historical book at his desk.

"Dean, there are a few farm children coming to enroll, so they came here to go through the admission procedures." Master Sun said with a hint of respect.

The dean looked up at the children and asked: "Can you read?"

As the eldest, Xu Wenwu saw the dean ask, so he stepped forward, bent over and saluted: "I know a few simple words."

When the dean saw that the child who was talking was probably about ten years old, although he entered school a little late at this age, he looks neither humble nor arrogant. He also knows etiquette quite well, and the little ones look good too: "Okay, I'll accept you all. You're not allowed to cause trouble in the academy from now on. If you have anything you don't understand from the books, you can ask me."

Xu Wenwu looked happy when he heard the dean's words. He bent down and said: "Thank you, Master. The student will study hard and will not disappoint the dean." The dean nodded with satisfaction.

Seeing this, Xu Dabo stepped forward and took out twenty-five taels of silver from his bosom and respectfully handed them over to the dean, who then asked for the names of the children and registered them in the booklet, letting the children be sent to the academy on time tomorrow morning before signaling the group to leave.

When everyone left the academy, they saw Xu Wenwu happily saying: "Dad, I can finally go to the academy to study. I'm so happy!"

Seeing his son so happy, Uncle Xu said: "When you enter the academy in the future, you must study hard and listen to what the teacher says, okay? And you boys, you can't be like at home in the academy, you must understand the etiquette, understand?" The boys all agreed in unison.

Qibao said: "Uncle, my brothers are all going to school now. Shouldn't we buy some ink and paper? And we're going to buy an oxcart, so we can send brothers to school in our own oxcart. And in the future, we can't keep going to the village chief's house to borrow an oxcart when we go to Zuixianoul to deliver food!"