Beer

The village chief followed the old man's example and started fishing for crayfish. Although he caught it, it fell into the water halfway up.

The reason was that when the village chief saw a crayfish on the fishing rod, he was overjoyed and lifted it too fast, causing the crayfish to loosen its grip and fall.

The village chief smacked away in annoyance, but the old man burst into laughter and said: "Give you another chance."

At this time, a happy voice came from Mrs. Wang's side: "Look, this one I caught is bigger than the one you caught!"

Qibao also looked over. The crayfish that grandma caught was really quite big. It was the biggest crayfish among all the crayfish caught.

The lively commotion here attracted the attention of the children in the village. They stopped playing and all ran over to see what the Xu family was doing.

At first, these children were a little scared when they saw the red worms, but when they saw Xiaoliu and Qibao, who were about the same age as them, they were not afraid. They looked happy and gathered around them curiously.

Suddenly the river became more lively. As long as someone caught one, the children in the village would jump up with joy and clap their little hands.

It wasn't until the weather was getting late that Uncle Xu was going to pick up his brother and the others to go back home. The Xu family packed their things and prepared to go back. Before leaving, they also told the children in the village not to play by the river without an adult around. The children in the village nodded and were very obedient.

At this time, a little girl's soft voice sounded: "Grandpa Xu, will you come to catch red worms next time? I want to play with you."

The old man lovingly stroked her somewhat yellowed hair and said: "Yes, I will call Xiaocao when grandpa's family comes to fish for crayfish next time, but you can't come to the river alone to play. It will be dangerous, understand?"

Xiaocao's eyes turned into crescent moons and she said: "Okay, I'll listen to Grandpa Xu."

The old man nodded and said: "You little brats, go home quickly."

"Goodbye, Grandpa Xu!" Immediately, these children ran towards their homes obediently.

The village chief also said goodbye and left, humming a tuneless tune as he left, and walked away step by step with his hands behind his back.

When the Xu family returned home and put everything away, Mrs. Wang asked: "Qibao, what should I do with this crayfish?"

Qibao said: "You just need to brush it all with a brush, cut off the crayfish's mouth, and then pull off the crayfish thread."

Qibao took it and kept demonstrating it. After they all understood it, Mrs. Wang said: "Okay, grandma and your mother have learned. You should not interfere, your little flesh is tender, if you accidentally pinch your hand will surely bleed."

They caught a lot of crayfish this time, enough for the whole family to have a delicious meal.

After all the crayfish were processed, Mrs. Wang said: "It's really troublesome to handle this crayfish. I just don't know how it tastes. I can't wait until now in vain."

Qibao patted her chest and said: "Grandma, don't worry. I'm here and you're still worried that it won't be delicious! Grandma will definitely swallow it all on her tongue after tasting it!"

"Okay, then grandma is waiting to eat!" Mrs. Wang said with a smile.

Qibao asked Grandma and the others to light the fire first, and was ready to do it herself when her eldest aunt said: "Qibao, you can just guide me from the side and I'll do it."