Barbecue

Time passed in a blink of an eye, and it had been half a month since the old Xu family's house was built. Qibao lived a similar life every day. She got up in the morning to train with her brothers, then taught her family how to read, and went to the space to practice martial arts in her free time. It is worth mentioning, Qibao has mastered the "Piaomiao Spirit Control Technique." and even Xiaoling praised Qibao for her good understanding.

Vegetables from Zuixianlou have been delivered several times. Today is the day for her brothers take a break, and she plans to take them to a barbecue outdoors to relax! Qibao put the prepared ingredients in the bamboo basket and told her eldest and second brothers to carry them. She herself carried a small basket covered with a flowered cloth, and set off all the way to the foot of the Daqing Mountain.

This time, not only did she bring her six brothers, she also invited Xu Hua'er, Xiaoba also followed behind her obediently, Xiaoba had grown up quite a lot during this period of time, because of the spiritual spring water that he drank every day, he was very smart, and his fur was also shiny, the family all loved Xiaoba very much.

Everyone came to a flat grassland on the west side of Daqing Mountain. No one usually came here. They chose a piece of land and sat down cross-legged...

Xiaowu asked: "Sister, you brought so many raw vegetables, do you plan to make something delicious?"

Qibao answered: "Let's have a barbecue today!"

"Barbecue? Isn't that just grilling meat? What's so rare about it?" Xiaosi asked doubtfully.

Qibao exclaimed: "My barbecue this time isn't just a matter of grilling the meat so that it's edible, I have a secret weapon as well! It's absolutely delicious!" Qibao purposely took seasonings such as cumin, chili noodles and so on from the Space kitchen, and also took an iron grid specifically for barbecuing.

Qibao asked her elder brother to burn the charcoal she had brought and with a few of her brothers, they arranged the vegetables and meats they had brought in their baskets one by one on the grass. Qibao specially asked her grandma to cut the pork belly, she bought into thin slices. And some chicken wings from the Space fridge, and a strawfish her dad caught in the river. She also brought a lot of vegetables, all holding bamboo skewers into a string, the portion is sufficient, and enough for them to eat.

Qibao watched as the charcoal burned until the original color could no longer be seen. Then she set up the barbecue net and put the ingredients on it. Brush with a layer of oil and use tongs to turn over. The fragrance slowly spread out, and the children swallowed their saliva smelling the fragrance. Even Xiaoba was playing with his tail nearby, waiting anxiously.

Xu Hua'er touched her throat and asked: "Qibao, when will this be ready to eat, it smells absolutely delicious." Hearing this, Qibao smiled and said: "It's almost done. It'll be ready soon." After saying that it was almost done, she sprinkled the seasonings she took out from the basket on top one by one, flipped it a few times, and said: "It's ready to eat, it's done."

Xiaowu said anxiously: "Sister, give me one first, and I'll try it for everyone to see if it tastes good." After hearing this, everyone else looked at Xiaowu with contempt, and the third brother said: "Fifth brother, it's not like we don't have mouths. Why do we want you to taste it for us? If you want to eat it, just say so." When Xiaowu heard this, he smiled sheepishly: "Third brother, I made a mistake. I tasted it for myself."

Qibao and Xu Hua'er giggled at the side, Qibao said: "Okay, everyone can take whatever you want." With that, she took a skewer of chicken wings for herself and nibbled on it! It's been a long time since Qibao had a barbecue, and cumin goes best with barbecue.

A few others saw that Qibao had already started eating, they reached out and took a bunch of food they wanted to eat, the first bite was just put into their mouths when Xiaoliu cried out happily: "Sister, this barbecue is so delicious, it smells so good." The other brothers were also busy nodding their heads in agreement.

Xu Hua'er rarely ate meat, let alone this grilled meat that she had never seen before, biting into a bite of the pork skewer, her eyes squinted with happiness, and after a mouthful of it, she busied herself by saying: "Qibao, this grilled meat is really delicious! It's the first time I've witnessed that meat can be made this way!"

Qibao added: "If it tastes good, just eat more. I brought so much anyway!" As she said that, she took another bunch of pork belly without pepper, took off the meat, and fed it to Xiaoba, who couldn't wait for a long time. Xiaoba jumped up and down with joy when he saw that someone finally remembered him. He ate the meat in one bite, then lay on the ground and tasted it happily. Everyone was eating barbecue and chatting together. It was rare for the brothers to have such a relaxing moment. 

Especially the elder brother, who stayed up late every night reading books and gets up with them to train before dawn in the morning. If it weren't for the spiritual spring water, Qibao would be worried that his body would collapse! She tried to persuade her elder brother a few times, but he agreed on the surface, and did whatever he had to do. Qibao knew that his eldest brother wanted to get ahead by studying. Solely, she could only make something delicious and nutritious for her brothers to make up for it.

The picnic took two hours to finish, and the children were ready to go home with their baskets, which also contained some skewers of barbecued meat, which they intended to take back to the adults at home to try, and when they arrived at the entrance of the Xu family courtyard, Xu Hua'er said: "Qibao, I won't go in, I'll come back to play with you again when there's time." Qibao took a few skewers of barbecue from the basket and shoved them into Xu Hua'er's hand.

"Sister Hua'er, take these back to Uncle and Auntie to try." Xu Hua'er couldn't resist, so she could only take it and say thank you before turning around to go home.

When the children returned home, they distributed the barbecue to the family. The adults each took a few skewers and sat in the yard to taste them.

Mrs. Li stated: "This flavor is really good, what kind of seasoning is sprinkled on it? How come the more you chew, the more flavorful it is?"

"Second Auntie, I know what this is, sister said that this seasoning is called cumin, and it's perfect with grilled meat, and Little Six thinks it's very tasty too!" Xiaoliu chuckled repeatedly. The others also nodded in agreement, the flavor was indeed delicious.

Qibao spoke: "In the future, when our house is built, we'll be in the yard in the summer while enjoying the cool air and eating barbecue, it'll be more than comfortable!" Qibao said longingly. The rest of the family also agreed with a smile.

Xu Dabo asked: "Father, our house will be built in another half month or so, but should we order the furniture and other things in advance from the town?"

The old man replied: "We have to prepare in advance. Aren't you going to deliver food to Zuixianlou tomorrow? The family will go to town together tomorrow to pick out the furniture they like and put it in their rooms. If you can't fit in your own oxcart, go to the village chief's house and borrow an oxcart!" Xu Dabo nodded his head and agreed.

The women at home were beaming with joy and were extremely happy. After finishing the barbecue in their hands, they all started working on it and felt that they had endless energy.

The brothers wanted to go to college tomorrow, so they asked Qibao to help them choose furniture. They also said they believed in Qibao's vision, and Qibao agreed. The Xu family went to bed early after dinner.

At this time, in a quiet study room in the town, a middle-aged uncle with a gloomy face was sitting on a chair, with a desk in front of him. A muscular man stood with his head lowered and his fists clasped. bunt, a thug outfit.

At this time, the middle-aged uncle said: "Have you found out what I asked you to check?" After speaking, he picked up the white porcelain teacup at hand and took a sip of tea.

The big man replied: "I have checked the matter clearly. Zuixianlou has been supplying some fresh vegetables recently, and I heard they taste extremely delicious, so business has been very booming recently."