Ancestral Hall Meeting

Hearing her father's words, Qibao, who had remained rational in both lives, was also a little moved. She threw herself into Xu Laosan's arms and said: "Father, thank you!" She thought this was family affection and fatherly love! What a wonderful feeling it is!

The old man asked: "Eldest and second, do you two couples have any comments?"

Xu Dabo replied: "I have no objection. The family is what it is today because of Qibao. I never thought that one day our family could earn so much money, and I never dared to think that there would be servants around me. I have always treated Qibao as my own daughter, I support Qibao's decision."

Second uncle Xu also said: "Big brother and I think the same way, I have no problem with it."

Although Mrs. Zhang and Mrs. Li were a little worried, they nodded in agreement.

The old man nodded and said: "The village chief said that after the villagers get off work in the evening, he will call everyone to the ancestral hall for discussion, and everyone will go together."

Mrs. Jin and Mrs. Yin had already prepared the food and put it on the dining table, and the family just started to have lunch.

..........

In the evening, after the villagers had finished work and had dinner, the village chief beat the gongs and drums and organized the villagers to go to the ancestral hall for a meeting. The people who came were those who could be the masters of the family.

The villagers were all a little surprised, usually not about the survival of the Xu clan or major things, would not meet in the ancestral hall where the Xu clan's ancestral tablets were placed, so they all felt that something big must have happened for the village head to let everyone go to the ancestral hall at night.

The ancestral hall of the Xujia Village was not very large, and the year was not short, it was built with the silver that the Xujia clan had jointly contributed back then, and over the years, the furnishings inside had become very old, but the disturbing sweep was very clean.

The village chief sat at the head, the old man was also beside him, and behind him stood everyone from the Xu family.

At this time, there were densely packed villagers standing around, some even standing outside the door listening.

Seeing everyone gathered, a clan elder asked: "Village Chief, what happened to calling everyone here this late at night?"

The village chief said solemnly: "Yes, this matter is related to the Xu family. I can't make the decision for you, so I will let Brother Xu tell you. This matter may change the entire Xu family village."

Everyone was quite surprised. Looking at everyone in the Xu family, Xu Daniu said: "Uncle, what is it? Just tell everyone."

 "Yes."

The old man exclaimed: "It's like this, our family wants to make the Xujia Village a village for vacation and entertainment, in the future. Everyone will be able to make money at home, but we need to invest a lot of manpower and material resources in the early stage, so we need everyone to help out together... I don't know if you're willing to do that?"

"What! A village for touring? Is that even possible? Why haven't I ever heard of a village for entertainment?"

"Yes, who among the rich would come to our poor village to entertain? They must have gone to the big city to enjoy themselves. Why come to our countryside for entertainment?"

For a while, everyone expressed their doubts, and suddenly the ancestral hall was filled with voices of all kinds of questions.

The village chief said: "Everyone be quiet. Please listen to what I have to say. It's not too late for everyone to express their opinions."