Popular

The Xu family also heard something fishy from the conversation between Su Chenyu and the county magistrate. Seeing how respectful County Magistrate Wu was towards Su Chenyu, one can imagine that Su Chenyu's identity must not be simple. However, Su Chenyu did not tell them his true identity, and they did not want to inquire about other people's privacy.

Fortunately, at that time to buy tables, chairs and grill pan or something more than a few sets, now seems to be a really wise choice, the hall and the room are overcrowded. The hall and private rooms were both crowded, so they ate in the courtyard and it was quieter. 

The three sisters-in-law hurriedly ran to the kitchen to get barbecued vegetables. Because there were too many guests today, all the meat slices prepared last night had been used up, and the chefs were adding more meat.

Zhang and the others started doing it on their own. Anyway, they were used to doing it at home and their knife skills were pretty good.

The three of them worked for a while before bringing all the vegetables to the yard.

Jing Chen was in the room and did not come out. He was also in the room for lunch.

While Magistrate Wu was eating barbecue, he was still praising: "Old man, no wonder the business in your store is so booming, it tastes so delicious!"

Elder Xu smiled and said: "It's because of my special seasoning and because my family also likes to eat it, so I thought of starting a barbecue business in the town and adding some income to the family. But I also want to thank Chenyu for his help, otherwise this store wouldn't have opened so quickly!"

Magistrate Wu knew from the title of Elder Xu that the Xu family had a very good relationship with Su Chenyu. It seemed that he couldn't handle the magistrate's presumption in dealing with the Xu family.

Suddenly there was a pushing and shoving at the table.

At this moment, shopkeeper Zhang came to report and said: "Boss, there is a crazy man covered in rags outside. He can't be driven away, and he disturbed several tables of guests!"

As soon as everyone heard this, they all got up and came to the hall. They saw a beggar who was dirty and his face was black and gray being held down by several waiters.

The beggar tried his best to break free from the restraints of the guys, and shouted loudly: "Hungry! I'm hungry! I want to eat meat!" After saying that, he took the opportunity to bite the hand of the guy who was pressing on his shoulder.

Fortunately, the little hand shrank quickly, otherwise it would have been bitten by him.

The dishes on the two tables nearby fell to the floor, and there was a plate of half-eaten meat.

All the guests in the hall turned to look at the excitement at the door.

One guest said: "I know this person. He escaped from another town. He has been crazy for several years. He only survives now with the help of some kind-hearted people. He must have been hungry this time, so he barged in. Poor man."

After listening to the guest's words, Qibao looked at the beggar who was being held down and asked: "What's your name?"

The beggar was stunned, his mouth muttered: "What is my name? My name is Little Dog...... No, my name is His Highness the Sixth, I am His Highness the Sixth, I want to kill those bandits! Right! Kill the bandits!" The man struggled madly as if he was stimulated by something.

The guest added: "His name is not His Highness Sixth, and everyone doesn't know what his name is, so they just randomly named him Goudan!"

Seeing how pitiful he was, Mrs. Wang couldn't bear to say: "Why don't we give him some food first and let him leave!"

Mrs. Zhang hurriedly went to the kitchen to pack a bag of meat and rice and handed it to Gou Dan.

The fellows all loosened their grip, but still gathered around Goudan warily. After the guy named Goudan grabbed the food with his free hand, he turned around and ran out, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Seeing the man run away, Elder Xu turned around and said to those few guests whose plates were knocked down by the man: "I'm sorry everyone, for disturbing your pleasure, I'll arrange for the staff to serve you a few more plates of meat, just as this store's compensation to you all."

The guests were not embarrassed and all expressed their understanding.

After settling this matter, the people returned to the backyard. County Magistrate Wu said: "I know that person just now, he is the son of a farmer next door, because the bandits entered the village, all of his family members were killed by the bandits, this person escaped because he was out on an errand. When he came back and saw his parents and wife all killed, after being stimulated, the whole person became crazy."

Mrs. Wang gritted her teeth and said: "This abominable bandit doesn't even spare the old, weak, women and children. It's really hateful."

Magistrate Wu said: "However, all those bandits have been arrested by the government. Although the bad guys have been punished, other people's families have also been separated. It is really sad."

Mrs. Zhang said from the side: "I will tell the shopkeeper later that if that person comes back next time, we will give him some food."

Magistrate Wu said: "You Xu family are all kind-hearted people." After saying this, he changed the topic and said: "I would like to take the liberty to ask, the paintings on the walls of your barbecue restaurant are really special. I wonder who made them?"

The Xu family was still wondering how to answer the magistrate's question. Su Chenyu spoke up and said: "I'm the one who found him, do you have a problem with that?"

Magistrate Wu was startled and quickly said: "I don't dare, I'm just curious." After saying that, he blamed himself for talking too much and asking questions that he shouldn't have asked.

The meal was finished quickly. Magistrate Wu bowed his hands to Su Chengyu and left, citing his busy official duties.

There are also a lot fewer guests in the lobby. Many of the guests who came to eat barbecue today did not have seats. They had to wait for the people who had eaten well to leave before they could get a seat, and the turnover rate is pretty high.

The staffs did a very good job. Those waiting guests were not treated poorly, and they even took out stools and poured tea for those people to sit and wait.

Until the last table of guests finished. The waiters and chefs were all weak. Qibao said: "Thank you for your hard work. There are too many guests today. Let's take a rest and drink some water. We will do the rest of the work later!"

"Yes! Thank you, miss!" The voices became weak, and they each found a seat to sit down.

Shopkeeper Zhang said: "Ms. Master, this is the ledger for lunch. I remember how much each table costs!"

Qibao took the account book, and everyone in the Xu family gathered around. The shopkeeper had already calculated the total. At noon, they sold a total of nearly 800 taels of silver.

None of their dishes are highly priced because there are definitely more commoners than rich people in a local area, and they do a business for the masses, as well as the ingredients seasonings and whatnot are all in-house and don't require any capital, except for the meats.

In fact, everyone expected to have so much money. After all, everyone saw what happened at noon, and they were not surprised.

Su Chenyu said: "Yes, there are so many at noon alone, and we don't even count the evenings!"

Qibao said: "Now that our reputation has spread, I believe more customers will come over to have barbecue in the evening. Shopkeeper Zhang, do we have enough ingredients now for the evening?"

Shopkeeper Zhang said: "Miss, I was just about to tell you about this. It's not enough anymore. We've almost sold out at noon. We need to have someone deliver it as soon as possible!"

After Su Chenyu heard this, he arranged for his secret guards to notify the dealer to send him more meat.

The secret guard took the order and left.