five

I laid in my bed until I heard yelling, I cracked my door open to hear my parents.

My eyes travelled to Khadi across the hall peeking out of her door too.

It suddenly got quiet "I'm sorry Alana" dad yelled. Mom pushed him into the hall with tears running down her face.

"Alana please," dad pleaded "Get out!" Mom screamed, causing me to flinch. "I love you and I hope you can forgive me," dad said quietly before going downstairs.

Mom looked over at us before falling onto her knees, crying. We ran to her and hugged her.

What the hell happened? He must've cheated on her. But how could he? He loves her, or so he says. She's beautiful, funny, and most importantly, she's my mom. How could he do this to her?

We laid in bed, hugging her as she cried. After a half an hour, she fell asleep.

Alana

Next morning

I woke up to Kam's arms wrapped around me and Khadi lying against my back. I kissed their foreheads before slowly slipping out of bed, careful not to wake them.

I walked into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. Bags under my eyes, the sting on my face from last night, how could he?

I turned my head to Kalin's side of the bathroom. He would be scrubbing his perfect teeth with a toothbrush, staring at me while I washed my face, thinking I didnt know he was watching my every move.

I don't want to be away from him, but I don't know if I can forgive him for what happened last night. I shook away my thoughts before stepping into the shower.

Once I was out, I put on my crisp pantsuit for my conference at the PDC. I pulled my hair back into a tight bun before leaving.

Kameron

Once Khadi and I we're wake, we both went downstairs and into the kitchen. "I can't believe dad cheated on mom," Khadi said in a disappointing tone.

I shook my head as I poured a bowl of cereal. "Tarzan, Kota," I yelled before whistling, Tarzan stood at my feet, jumping on me. "Hey buddy, where's Kota?" I asked, feeding him dog Bacon.

"Kota!" Khadi yelled, no answer. "Where is he?" She asked "he's probably in the backyard trying to catch squirrels again," I said, rolling my eyes.

Kota spends hours on end in the backyard, chasing squirrels into the neighbor's yard. The doorbell rang "it's probably Myra," Khadi said, getting up and walking to the door.

I followed in case it wasn't Myra. She opened the door to dad standing there with Kota panting at his feet.