eighty five

I woke up to someone shaking me, I opened my eyes to see Myra's blonde hair dangling above me. I screamed "Myra I missed you!!" I squealed, she chuckled "alright Khadi I can't breathe," she whispered.

I released my grip on her "when did you get in?" I asked "like 2 this morning, but everyone was asleep so I just kinda snuck in," she said with a shrug.

"Let's go wake Kam up now," she said getting up, we headed into the hall and into his room. The room was filled with his loud snoring.

Myra turned on his Bluetooth speaker and connected to it. We slowly got onto his bed before counting down to 3.

Myra blasted rock music as we jumped around "WAKE ME UP INSIDE CANT WAKE UP!" It screamed.

Kameron quickly sat up "turn it off!!" He yelled, Myra dropped it as we laughed. "We missed you bubba!" I said, trying to hug him "ew get away I didn't miss you guys," he groaned.

We sandwiched him in a hug, he briefly wrapped his arms around us. "Okay now get out and let me sleep," he groaned, pushing us away.

We headed downstairs and into the kitchen. Sarah and mom stood on opposite sides of the island giggling. "Sarah!" I gasped as I hugged her "hey sweetheart, look at you! You're even more gorgeous, I didn't think it was possible!" She said, I smiled.

"Thank you, you too!" I said, she chuckled before hugging Myra. "So how are Joe and Karson?" I asked "Joe's Joe and Karson and his 16 year old hormones you know. And since I know you want to know how Avery's doing, he actually just texted me that he's home now and that he has a surprise," she said.

I nodded "so between us girls, do you still have feelings for Avery?" She asked, everyone looked at me for my answer.

"No. It's been a long time since me and Avery were together and were two different people now, and once again I'm with Ryder!" I answered honestly. "I want you to know, I've always wanted you and Avery together, since the moment I saw you," Sarah said, I smiled.

The doorbell rang "ill get it!" I said, talk about saved by the bell. I ran to the door and opened it, Avery stood in the doorway with a blonde haired girl who stood a little taller than me, Jade.

I was frozen in my shoes as I saw she had a ring on her left ring finger. All of my memories with him are flooding back all at once and it's overwhelming.

"Um Khadi," Avery said, snapping me out of my thoughts "yes um hello Avery what are you doing here? Dinner starts in like 8 hours," I said.

"Um mom told me to bring her some oregano," he said, holding up the bottle of seasoning. I nodded "this is Jade by the way, Jade this...this is Khadi, in person" he said awkwardly.

She pushed out her left hand toward me, I hesitated before shaking it. "Come in," I said, opening the door, she stepped in, Avery gave me a puzzled look.

Avery

Oh my. I wasn't prepared to see her yet. I was under the impression that her flight landed later today. Now that I see her, more beautiful than she was before, I don't know if I can be here.

I never got over her so I forced myself into another relationship too quickly. I started to think all of our late night talks, the times I would take her to the lake, the times I'd watch her dance and be completely proud of her.

"Everyone this is Jade, Jade this is Alana, my mom, and Myra," I said, introducing her to everyone. "How do you know Khadi again?" She asked, everyone awkwardly looked around.

"we were high school friends," Khadi answered, she nodded. "What's this I hear about dad and Karson going on a ski trip?" I asked mom.

"Oh yea I'm staying here with Alana while they're gone for the week, it gives me more girl time!" She said excitedly. "So are me and Jade supposed to stay at home alone?" I asked "you guys can stay here for the week!" Alana suggested.

Jade and Khadi stiffened. "N-" Jade started before I interrupted her "that sounds great!" I answered for the both of us.