fifty nine

Next morning
Avery

I wake up in pain, my mouth feels horrible. I went straight to sleep once I got home yesterday, my phone kept ringing, I finally picked up my phone to see that almost half the team texted me. They all said the same thing

Kass and Khadi went into her room for hours and he came out around 12

I threw my phone at the wall, it fell to the floor with a shatter. I was instantly filled with rage, I couldn't feel anything. My breathing picked up as tears spilled from my eyes. Not again, God not again.

Khadi

I texted Avery when I woke up

Good morning baby, Are you feeling okay?

I started to get dressed for the competition and grabbed my change of clothes before heading downstairs.

I raced to the dance venue and met up with the team. We started rehearsing before our performance.

*****

I finally landed in Burbank, mom and Myra waited for me at the airport. I sprinted toward them and hugged them at the same time "I missed you guys so much," I said "we missed you too honey" mom said.

"How'd you guys do?" Myra asked "we took home all gold in first!" I cheered "great job!!" Mom said, high fiving me.

"So Avery wants you to meet him at the park," Myra told me "okay, can we go home so I can get my truck?" I asked mom "yea let's go," she answered.

Once we were home, I greeted dad and Kameron before hopping in my truck and driving to the park. I'm honestly nervous, he hasn't been answering my texts or calls.

I parked across from him before hopping out of my truck and walking toward him on the bench. He stood up "I missed you so much," I said, hugging him.

I tried to kiss him but he pushed me away "don't. Kiss me," he said sternly. I furrowed my eyebrows "Avery what's wrong?" I asked, confused.

His face was dull with anger "baby what's wrong?" I asked "what did you and Kass do?" He asked. "Me and Kass? We didn't do anything what are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Why was he in your room for hours?" He asked "wow you think we...? Avery no, we talked I swear," I told him.

"I highly doubt that Khadi. You stayed in a hotel room hours and talked ? stop lying to me," he said angrily. "Avery he spent the day with me talking about you, look I went and got this made," I said, showing him my necklace.

He looked at the new edition to my necklace for a few seconds before bringing his angry eyes back to me. "Avery I wouldn't do that to you or Myra, I love you both so much," I told him.

"I'm sorry we need a break," he said, grabbing my hand and ripping the promise ring from it, I gasped. It felt as if he'd ripped my heart out, he reached for my necklace "Avery please don't," I said, grabbing it and tearing up.

"Avery please don't leave me, I love you," I cried, he sarcastically chuckled "Avery please," I cried. He gave me a cold look before walking away from me.

I fell to my knees in pain, I cried my eyes out. I could barely breath "please God I love him," I said through my tears.

Avery

I crawled into my car and closed the door. I watched as she fell to her knees, I slammed my hands on the steering wheel. I can't watch this, I don't wanna leave her like this. I love her. I'm in love with her.

I can't breathe, I quickly pulled out of the parking lot before I could get out and go to her. I sped home and got out before collapsing on the couch.

I cried into the decorative pillow, mom sat on the table in front of me and rubbed my back. "Sweetheart what's wrong?" She asked softly, I slowly turned to her.

"Mom I think Khadi cheated on me," I told her "think?" She asked "the team went to Atlanta for the tournament and Khadi went for her dance competition and they happened to have the same hotel. All the guys are telling me that Kass was in her room for hours until leaving late at night," I explained.

"What did she say?" She asked "she said they only talked. Mom I took the ring and I watched her fall to her knees and cry. I don't know what to do," I said, turning back to my pillow.

"Avery Joe Hansen. You broke up with her because of some rumor?! She told you she didn't do it so why didn't you believe her? Avery this girl is a great girl and she loves you so much, I can tell every time I see you two together, why would she cheat with your best friend who's also her sister's boyfriend" she said.

"Mom I don't even know. I just want to keep myself from getting hurt again mom, I'm in love with her. And if she did cheat on me, it scares me that I would take her back, I would take her back so quick mom. I want her and only her," I explained.

"Avery that's okay, I understand that you love her, but if she said she didn't do it then she didn't do it Avery. She loves you too much and it probably offended her that you accused her of something like that, I would" she said.

"God mom I messed up. I didn't even consider her feelings, I just left her there in pain, I hurt her," I cried.

"Avery you just have to apologize and let her explain," she said, rubbing my back.

I hate myself for hurting her.