fourteen

Once Kalin left, I went back into the house. The kids stood in the kitchen talking.

"Morning mom!" They said in sync "good morning babies," I said, sitting down. "So dads gonna move back into the house today," I said.

"Okay...already?" Kameron asked "guys I love your dad, yes I know what he did, he apologized. I know you guys want to protect me and I love you for that, but I want to be with dad and only dad," I said.

"Well if dad makes you happy then you should be with him, but I don't know if we can forgive him quickly," Khadi said. "And that's okay sweetheart. We'll talk later, I have a conference," I said getting up.

****

Kameron

I sat on the couch as dad came into the front door, I turned and made eye contact. I hadn't seen him in days. "Hi Kameron," he said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Hi dad," I simply answered "could you go get your sister and meet me in the kitchen?" He asked. I nodded before heading upstairs.

I knocked before walking into Khadi's room. "Hey dad wants us to come down to the kitchen," I said, she nodded before getting up and following me.

We sat at the island in the kitchen while dad stood on the other side, facing us. "I don't know where to start..."

"Guys I'm sorry for what I did, you know would never hurt her," he said. "But you did," Khadi stated, obviously still angry "Khadi it wasn't purposely, I apologized and your mom forgave me," he pleaded.

Mom walked into the kitchen, she stood still, confused. He made eye contact with her "guys the point is I love your mom, she's my world. I will never hurt her again, I just hope you can forgive me," he said sincerely.