Eighty six

This is what Avery looks like now

I couldn't sleep, I unwrapped from Jade's arms before walking into the hall. The back door to the backyard was half slid open.

I went over to the door and looked out the glass. Khadi swam around in the enormous pool, I stepped outside with her. "Oh sorry did I wake up?" She asked.

I smiled "no, I couldn't sleep and decided to roam the house," I told her as I sat down in one of the pool chairs. "So how's Clemson?" I asked "fun, we take football very seriously," she explained, I chuckled.

"So where's your sidekick?" I asked sarcastically, but lowkey wondering if she had a boyfriend. "He's booked up with meetings all this week so he's coming next week." She answered.

"Wait...you have a boyfriend?" I asked, she nodded "his name's Ryder and he's 27," she answered. "He's a little old," I said, she rolled her eyes "there's only a 5 year age gap," she said as she rolled her eyes again.

"So when's the wedding?" She asked, I furrowed my eyebrows "what wedding?" I asked. "Jade has a huge ring on her left hand," she stated, I chuckled "it was one of her birthday presents, she just wears it on her left hand," I explained, mostly because I didn't want her to think I was getting married to anyone but her. Woah. I've only been here with her for a few hours and these thoughts are already flooding back.

She nodded, embarrassed. "Why do you ask?" I wondered "I was just wondering because you didn't say anything about it," she lied.

"So tell me more about Ryder," I said, using a different tone for his name, she rolled her eyes again. "He's great, he's so understanding and mature, and he supports me," she rambled.

"Do you love him?" I asked "no, not yet we've only been dating for 2 months," she answered. "I'm gonna join you," I said, pulling my shirt over my head.

I jumped in and landed right next to her "nice one genius!" She said, hitting my arm. I chuckled "you remember back in high school when we had that pep rally and you had to battle Riley Mansfield?," I asked as I floated next to her.

She laughed "yea, I look back and regret how serious I took that," she said, I smiled as she laughed. "Remember when you got jealous of my gay best friend?" She said, holding back her laugh.

I reddened in embarrassment "not my finest hour," I admitted, she smiled. Wow you're beautiful. She looked at me "what?" I asked "you said that I'm beautiful," she repeated.

"I'm sorry I didn't know I said that out loud," I told her, she blushed "thank you," she said quietly. "I'm gonna head in, it's getting late and Ryder should be here in the morning," she said as she got out of the pool.

Next morning
Khadi

We all sat around the living room chatting about old stories from high school until the doorbell rang. I got up to open it, Ryder stood in the door frame with flowers and a suitcase.

"Hey babe!" I said excitedly as I hugged him. He kissed my cheek "I'm so sorry I had to come late so I brought you your favorites, roses," he said, handing them to me.

"Actually her favorites are yellow tulips," Avery butted in, I turned to him and scowled. Ryder awkwardly laughed.

"So everyone this is Ryder. Ryder this is Myra, my sister, Kameron, my twin brother, Sarah, Avery, and Jade, Avery's girlfriend," I said. "Hey Ryder!" Everyone said at the same time.

We sat at the bar as everyone continued talking "so how was the meeting?" I asked "we now have an endorsement deal with Farland," he said excitedly.

"That's great! I know how important this was to you," I said, kissing him. "So who's Avery?" He asked "um no one important," I lied "Khadi," he said suspiciously.

"He was my first love," I answered truthfully "oh," he answered simply.