eighty nine

"No you're not," I said in shock "yep, I took the test," she said. "It's not possible, I haven't touched you in weeks, and even then I used protection," I stated.

"Well you must've missed something because I'm pregnant and I've only been with you," she said, shrugging. "You can't do this to me," I said "it's not my fault you had a faulty condom," she said.

"Now as I said, you're not leaving me for her so drop it," she said before getting up and walking into the house.

I sat back in the chair, in complete shock. Wow. It's crazy how fast your chance of happiness can be ripped away.

Khadi

I sat next to Ryder on the couch as he had his arm around me. "What if we moved here?" I asked, he turned to me "but we don't live together," he said. "Well yea, but we could. We could move here, you could run your company at the Burbank location and I'd have my fam-" I said before he cut me off.

"Khadi slow down, what's with all of this? We've only been dating for two months don't you think it's too soon?" He asked. "Yea, you're right, sorry," I said before getting up.

He grabbed my arm "hey no, come back I'm sorry," he said, pulling me toward him. "Listen I would love to live here with you but everything is back in Carolina, your job, my base, your apartment," he said, I nodded.

"Hey I love you," he said, turning to me "I love you too," I said before he pecked my lips. Do I? Do I really mean that when I say it?

I got up and went into the backyard to think. Avery was already sitting in one of the patio chairs with his head in his hands.

I took a seat next to him "me too Avery," I said before he looked up at me. "what's wrong?" I asked, he sighed before sitting up. "We can't be together," he said "what do you mean?" I asked "I mean, I don't love you so we can't be together," he said bluntly.

"Avery what's going on? I remember in high school Riley Mansfield blackmailed you into being her boyfriend so you broke up with me," I said. "This morning you were ready to move in together what happened between then and now?" I asked.

"Fuck. It's Jade, she says she's pregnant with my kid and I can't break up with her," he admitted. "Wow. Are you okay?" I asked "no I'm not fucking okay Khadi. She says I can't leave her to be with you. That's what I want though, I want to be with you but she's holding me hostage. The crazy thing is I haven't touched her in weeks and when I did I damn well used protection," he explained.

"So there's a chance she's lying or it's not yours? Have her show you the test, she can't make you do anything. You can still be in your child's life without being in hers," I suggested.

He looked at me "so you want it too? You want to move in together and be with me?" He asked, I nodded. I know I have Ryder but I'm the happiest with Avery and we're more compatible.