sixty nine

December 1st: Avery's birthday

I got up around 6 and headed to Avery's house before school. Sarah and I planned to get up early and make Avery's favorite breakfast.

I parked my car in the driveway before going inside. "Good morning," Sarah said quietly "good morning! Where to first?" I whispered.

"First let's make the chocolate chip waffles. You start the mix and I'll make the eggs," she informed me.

After an hour, we were finally done "okay I think it's time to wake him up," she said. "I got that part," I said, running upstairs.

He laid on his stomach with his head on his pillow as he stretched his arms out. I chuckled, he looked so young as he slept.

He stirred around and flipped over. I leaned over him and got into his bed. "Babyyy," I said into his ear, barely kissing it.

"Baby wake up," I said again, he slowly opened his eyes, wiping them before looking at me. "Happy birthday sweet boy," I said to him, he smiled.

Oh God his smile. He let out a low, tired groan. "Thank you," he said raspily before kissing my cheek. He sat up before briskly pulling me onto his lap, I squealed.

"Lemme give you your birthday kisses," I said, kissing his cheek. I started to release war on his face with my kisses as he chuckled.

"I love you soooooo much!" I said in a baby like tone "I love you more," he said, kissing me. I pulled him out of bed "okay come downstairs we made you a special breakfast," I told him as I opened the door.

"Happy birthday sweetheart!" Sarah said as we came down the stairs. "Thanks mom," he said, hugging her. She kissed his cheek "we have prepared chocolate chip waffles, cheese eggs, and French toast, your favorite," she said.

"Yes!" He said, doing a cute little dance. "Thanks ladies," he said, hugging us. I made him a plate and sat it down in front of him.

"Have you eaten?" He asked as he stuffed his mouth with eggs. "Not yet, but I'm not hungry, plus I have a competition tomorrow" I told him "Khadi you need to eat," he said sternly.

"Aver-" I said before he shoved some waffle in my mouth "good isn't it?" He asked with a smirk. I frowned "you're so cute babe," he said, squeezing my cheeks, I chuckled.

"Okay I probably should get ready for school," he said as he took the last bite of his French toast. He stood up and took his plate to the kitchen to put in the sink.

I slowly stood and pushed in my chair as I looked at my phone. Before I knew it, Avery scooped me up over his shoulders before trudging upstairs.

He sat me down on the bed as he got ready. "Are you excited?" I asked as he brushed his teeth. He spit before answering "kinda," he said.

I smiled as he came out of the bathroom and got dressed. "Why are you smiling?" He asked "I love to see you happy," I answered, he chuckled before pecking my lips.

"Okay let's head to school," he said, I grabbed my bag and followed him outside. He opened my door for me before I slid into the passenger seat.

Once we were at school all you could hear was "happy birthday," left and right. "Okay so I have your presents at my house so we'll go after school," I told him.

"Khadi I told you not to get me anything," he whined "and I didn't, you didn't say I couldn't make you anything," I said sneakily. He smiled "okay I guess that's an exception," he said, kissing my forehead.

Later

Once Avery and I had been out all day, eating, having fun, etc. we finally made it back to my house. "So I half lied, I did buy you a few things to fall back on just in case you didn't like what I made you," I told him.

I got him some Thrasher hoodies and custom Adidas NMDs. "So I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do for you and after hours of thinking on end, I finally got it!" I said, handing him the jar.

I sat down on the floor and recorded him as he opened it.

Avery

The jar's lid read 18 Reasons Why I love you. I smiled before opening the jar. I pulled out the first note, it read

You always make me smile even when I'm not up for it. Ps i hope you don't have my teeth in a jar

I chuckled, that was an inside joke from a while back.

You're so goofy and I love it, although you annoy me sometimes, I'd rather be around you and roll my eyes at you for making gorilla sounds and crawling around my room trying to show me your ape moves than anywhere else:)

I laughed before looking up at her.

I pulled out the next piece of paper

I tell you this a lot but baby you're so perfect!!! Oh my gosh I look at you and I just smile sometimes because you're mine. I love when I say something that doesn't makes sense and you shrivel your nose and try to understand me. Or the way you clench your jaw when you're irritated. The way you breath babe ugh I love you. Anything and everything you do is perfect.

I smiled again. Man I love this girl.

Khadi

I watched as he smiled, laughed, and cried through my notes. He finally pulled out the last one and read it aloud

Most importantly, you make me feel beautiful and wanted everyday. When you hug or kiss me or just look at me, I can't help but crack a smile. Avery Joe I love and appreciate you more than you can imagine baby.

He put it down before looking up at me in tears. I stood up and walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around me tightly "you're so sweet, I loved it, that was the best gift I've ever gotten," he said, looking up at me.

"Really?! I'm so glad you liked it," I said, smiling ear to ear "I love you so much," he said, pulling me on top of him as he still squeezed me.

"I love you more," I said as he kissed me.

Avery

Once I was home and showered, I plopped into bed. Khadi posted a picture of us with the caption:

@khadiwhite: happy birthday to my babyyyyyyy! What can I say you've grown on me these last few months we've been together. You make me feel like the only girl in the world :) I love you so much, You're my world Avery Joe and I don't wanna live without you💙

I smiled, man I love my girl.