eighty seven

"But he doesn't mean anything to me now," I said "okay," he simply said back. "I don't need to be worried about him, do I?" He asked "no of course not, that was in the past," I answered.

"Okay," he said "I know the timing is horrible but I need to go up to the company," he said. He told me a while back that he had another company location in Burbank. I nodded "it's okay, me and my sister were probably gonna do something," I told him.

"I'm sorry, I'll be back later," he said before kissing my cheek and getting up. "Myra!!" I yelled "yes?!" She yelled back "let's go do something!" I yelled again.

"Okay!!" she said, we ran upstairs and got dressed.

"Where you ladies headed?" Avery asked "we don't know yet, were just gonna go wherever the car takes us," I answered

"Where you ladies headed?" Avery asked "we don't know yet, were just gonna go wherever the car takes us," I answered. "Can you take Jade with you?" He asked, Myra and I awkwardly looked at each other.

"Please, she needs to hang with more women," he begged "okay Avery, she can come," I said. He kissed my cheek "thank you thank you!" He cheered before running to go get her. "Ugh Khadi it's our first time hanging out in a while!" Myra complained "I know I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude," I explained.

She rolled her eyes "hey thanks for letting me join you guys," she said, finally coming into the living room. We hopped into my truck and pulled out of the garage.

Later

We laughed as we came through the front door. "You ladies must've had a good time," Avery said from the couch. "Of course we did, these girls are crazy," Jade laughed.

"That's really great, I'm glad you guys are getting along," Avery said with a smile "okay babe I'm gonna take a shower," Jade said before kissing Avery and heading toward the guest hall.

"Same here, I'm tired," Myra said before trudging upstairs. Avery patted the spot next to him on the couch, I sat down. "So what are you watching?" I asked "the Madrid results, you know I love my soccer," he answered.

I nodded. "Hey thanks for taking Jade with you guys today that means a lot," he said, facing me. "It's really no problem," I told him "I know you and Myra have your thing, thank you," he said again "you're welcome," I said again.

He leaned in before attaching his lips to mine, I pulled away. "Avery were both in relationships!" I whispered "I know, I'm sorry but I think about you every single day Khadi. How much I love you and how I should've taken my scholarship to Clemson," he said before I cut him off.

"I wouldn't have let you do that, Harvard has better programs for your major, you had good grades, musical, and athletic talents Avery. You're going places. I couldn't have let you go to a lower college because I wanted to be with you, that's selfish," I explained.

"So you did wanna be with me?" He asked "more than ever Avery, I loved you so much it consumed me," I answered. "Hey you guys want dinner or take out?" My mom asked, coming down the hall.

"No, we already ate," I answered before getting up, he grabbed my hand. "I wanna be with you," he said.

Jade

"I wanna be with you," Avery said to Khadi as he held her hand. I stood in the hallway and listened, I was coming to ask how to turn the shower on when I saw their kiss.

"Avery you're with Jade and I'm with Ryder. I live in South Carolina and you live in Massachusetts," she said back.

"We can move back and get an apartment and start jobs!" Avery begged "Avery that's crazy," she said. "Ask yourself, are you really happy with Ryder? He doesn't know you at all Khadi! He's too busy for you all the time, plus he's way older than you," Avery stated.

She snatched her hands away before stomping upstairs. I hurried back to our guest room and figured out how to work the shower before Avery came in.

As I cleaned myself I thought about everything. Avery doesn't want me. He wants her. He told me this wouldn't happen. He lied. I hate liars.

I hopped out of he shower and put on my clothes before going to bed. Avery laid on his side of the bed with his back to me, I wrapped my arms around him before kissing his back.

He turned to me and kissed my nose "not tonight okay," he whispered. I pulled away before turning my back and closing my eyes.