seventy eight

I was on my way to Avery's house with In-N-Out and meds, Avery woke up with the flu this morning and this was the quickest I could get to him. After school, at 6.

I parked in the driveway and rang the doorbell. "Hey Khadi," Joe greeted me, opening the door "hey Joe, I came to stay with Avery tonight," I informed him.

"Thank you! He gets really sassy and has mood swings every two seconds so beware!" He said in relief, letting me in.

I followed Joe into the den where Avery laid on the couch shirtless and sweaty. "Here you are, good luck," he said, leaving me.

"Awww my sweet boy has the flu," I said, kissing his wet forehead. "How do you feel?" I asked "horrible, my insides are at war," he answered. "I'm sorry, I brought you your meds and some In-N-Out," I told him.

"Meds please," he said, reaching for the little bag "what have you eaten?" I asked. "Nothing I'm not hungry," he said.

"You have to eat first, I can't give these to you without food," I told him "damnit Khadi give me the pills I'm in pain," he snapped, angrily.

"I know you are baby but you have to eat. At least the fries," I said "I can't keep it down," he said "just eat slow, I also brought a 7Up," I said, pulling the food out.

He slowly sat up and grabbed the box of fries. He ate them one at a time before I gave him the 7Up "okay I ate, can I get them now?" He asked. I grabbed a water bottle and the pill capsule before pouring 2 into my hand.

He popped them into his mouth and chugged the water bottle before lying back down. "Ugh it's so hot in here!" He groaned, I pulled the blanket off of him.

I stroked his hair as he laid on the couch "how long are you gonna stay with me?" He asked. "However long you want me to, I wanna take care of you," I answered.

"I love you," he said as he slowly closed his eyes. I picked up all of the trash and threw it away. I sat at the end of the couch as he slept.

He started to shiver and goosebumps rose on his skin. I laid on top of him and pulled the blanket over us, his body rested again as he wrapped his arms around me.

Avery

It was around 2am when I opened my eyes, Khadi was lying on top of me. I held her as I sat up, she held tighter before she opened her eyes.

"Shh shh! Go back to sleep baby," I whispered "how are you feeling?" She asked half asleep "better than I did a few hours ago," I answered as I climbed the stairs.

I gently laid her in my bed, she rolled onto her stomach. I went into the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror, my hair was in knots, and I was covered in sweat.

I turned on my shower and pulled off my boxers before getting in. Khadi stepped in as I scrubbed shampoo in my hair "You have a cute butt," she said, I chuckled.

"Yea you too," I said back as I went under the water. "Are you feeling better now? Do I need to go to school today?" She asked.

"My throat hurts but I don't feel nauseous anymore I think you can," I answered, she frowned "aw man I don't wanna go to school, I can help you shove throat spray in your mouth?!" She said optimistically.

"Mm no I think your parents would kill me if they found out that I condoned criminal school skipping activities," I answered. She rolled her eyes.

"I probably shouldn't have gotten in here with you, I don't think I'll be able to sleep," she said, stepping out and wrapping a towel around her.

I turned the shower off before stepping out behind her. I grabbed a towel from my cabinet "we can just lie in bed and talk until we fall asleep," I suggested.

"Sounds great! I'll be waiting for you," she said, going into my room. I put on a pair of boxers before turning off the light and heading to bed.

I slipped into the right side of my bed and wrapped my arms around Khadi. "This is random and weird...but what do you think our kids would be like?" She asked, turning to me.

I chuckled "it's not weird babe, in fact I think they'd be perfect. They would be athletic, smart, and confident and let's not mention how gorgeous they would be!" I answered.

"I hope they look like you, brilliant blue eyes with auburn hair and beautiful smiles," she said as she looked up at me. I smiled "mmm no I think they should look like you, beautiful hazel eyes, curly hair, and caramel skin," I countered.

"So we agree that it'd be okay if they looked like either one of us," she asked, I nodded. "How many would you want?" She asked "2, a boy and a girl preferably but I'll love them either way of course," I answered.

"Me too! I'd want the boy first and have the girl a few years later. My mom loved having a big brother and you're a great big brother to Karson," she said.

"Khadi I'm gonna marry you one day," I said with a smile as I grabbed her hand, she kissed me.