forty nine

Myra

Mom and I rushed around the kitchen. I was setting up the junk food buffet before the doorbell rang "I'll get it!" I told her.

I rushed to the door and opened it to Kass standing in the frame. Im literally standing in front of him in a flour covered apron with blue frosting on my nose.

He's standing in front of me in black jeans, boots, and a red and black flannel. Did I mention his delightful cologne? He smiled "hi Myra, Avery suggested I come early to help out with setting up," he said.

Thank the lord for Avery. "Oh yea, come in," I said, stepping to the side and allowing him to walk into our house. He stopped in front of me "you have a little...." he trained before gently rubbing his index finger on my nose, taking the icing with it.

He seductively licked it off of his finger before walking away. Wow. Could he get any hotter! I pulled my phone out to text Avery

Thanks for sending the man candy !!

Avery: *laughing emoji* yw! Gotta have my girl and her girl happy 😤

I rolled my eyes before sliding my phone back into my apron pocket. "You must be Kass! So we're pretty much almost done in the kitchen but you and Myra and set up the Dj area in the other living room and move some of the furniture," mom said after giving Kass a hug.

"Myra can show you the way, I'll just finish up in here," she said before winking at me. I rolled my eyes playfully before untying my apron and pulling the ponytail out of my hair.

I started down the hall with him following, we finally made it into the other living room. "Nice house," he said as we walked into the two story room.

"Thanks," I awkwardly said back. "Okay let's move the furniture around, I'm thinking we should slide it into the back hallway," I told him.

"Sounds good," he said awkwardly. We stood on either sides of the couch and picked it up. "Go left," he directed, considering I couldn't see behind my back, I went left and bumped into a wall.

"Kass you're supposed to say right! We're facing two different directions!" I said sternly. "Okay miss sassypants we'll go right," he said with a smirk.

After an hour of the retracing of right and left, we finally finished moving the furniture. I sat on the rug as Kass set up the sound system "alright I think it's done, let's test it!" he cheered.

"Any request?" He asked "Kodakkkk," I yelled as if I was drunk, he chuckled. Tunnel Vision started playing "ayeeeee," I yelled, getting onto the table.

"Lil Kodak, they don't like to see you winnin They wanna see you in the penitentiary I need me a lil' baby who gon' listen Girl, I don't wanna be the one you iggin' My mama told me "Boy, make a decision!" Right now I gotta keep a tunnel vision I need me a lil' baby who gon' listen Girl, I don't wanna be the one you iggin' Lil Kodak, they don't like to see you winnin," I yelled as I danced around on the table.

Kass watched my every move as if he was intrigued. I finally jumped off the table "wow." He said, I shrugged. "That was actually sexy," he said, I smirked before continuing down the hall.

People finally started to arrive at the house, we showed them into the living room. Everyone mingled and drank punch as we waited for Khadi and Kameron to show up.

"So Myra, we should go our sometime," Kass said as I stared at the crowd. I looked up to him, he stood 6 foot to my 5'9 in the wide doorway.

"Should we really?" I asked smartly "hard to get huh? Yea we're definitely going on a date missy, I'll be by tomorrow," he said smoothly before walking away.

I blushed like an idiot as he disappeared into the crowd.

I got a text from Avery and dad both saying they were outside.

"Everybody down! Lights off!" I yelled.