eight

Next day

I walked into Mario's a.k.a. our favorite restaurant. "Reservation for White," I said to the waiter "right this way," she said, grabbing 2 menus and leading me to a high table by the window.

I took my seat and waited for my lovely bride to arrive. After 5 minutes, she came walking toward me as she talked into her phone. Her neck tilting sideways, holding her phone as she sat down.

"Okay, okay that'll be great, I'll see you then, bye," she said, ending her call. "Who was that?" I asked "Burbank isd superintendent. I might transfer next semester," she answered.

"That's great!" I said, she smiled awkwardly. "Ready to order?" The waiter asked "yes, shrimp Alfredo and an order of baby back ribs," I said, handing her the menus.

"Drinks?" She asked "Sprite and sweet tea," I Answered "it'll be right out," she said before walking away.

"Soo," Alana said awkwardly "Alana," I blurted "hm?"

"I love you, I love you so much and I hope you know that," I finished.

"Kalin I know, there's no doubt in mind about that. I love you too and I always will, but I don't know if we can come back from this," she said.

My heart race sped up "so you're scared I'll hurt you again?" I asked "I mean, I don't know Kalin. If I make you angry again, which is bound to happen, do I need to be scared of you," she said.

"You don't make me angry. It's me, it's me not knowing how to handle my emotions correctly. I don't want you to be scared of me Alana, I'm still Kalin. I'm still the Kalin you grew up with, I haven't changed," I said.

"You've changed just a little," she said, resting her hand on my cheek, I softened at her touch. "Alana I don't want to be without you," I said, grabbing her hand.

She grinned "I know Kalin, I know. We just have to take a little break," she said softly.

Alana

But I don't want to take a break from him, I want to jump into his arms and forgive him so badly.

I know he didn't mean to hurt me, but I have to let him that there are consequences when he does things like that.

"Alana..." he whined "but I don't wanna take a break. I don't want to go another day without you. You're my wife and I'm supposed to see you everyday, be with you everyday," he finished.

"Kalinn..." I mimicked, he chuckled. The waiter finally came with our food, we dug in the instant she put it down.

"What'd the kids say when you came by?" I asked, he widened his eyes. "They hate me. Khadi punched me in the chest, it didn't hurt obviously, but... she actually told me she hated me and Kameron constantly shook his head before slamming the door in my face," he answered.

I feel so bad. "Im sorry," I said sincerely "no, it's fine, I did this to myself, they're probably gonna hate me for a while," he said, looking down.

Oh gosh, my stomach is churning at the sight of him like this. I hate watching him in any emotion other than happy.

"Why don't you stay in the guest house," I said without thinking. He furrowed his eyebrows "why don't I stay in our house?" He joked, I chuckled.

"I don't want you to have to pay for a hotel every night," I told him "okay, but I don't know if I can sleep knowing you're just a backyard away from me," he said. I smiled.

We both stood up after Kalin left a $75 tip on the table, we walked outside to the front of the restaurant.

"I'm okay with this break I guess, I just thought you'd hate me or want a divorce," he trailed. "Of course not. I love you too much," I said, trying to make him feel better.

He rested his hands on either side of my face before kissing me. It was so passionate, he missed me and I could tell. He pulled away "that may be the last time you'll kiss me for a while sorry," he said, justifying his action.

I nodded. Truthfully I wanted to him to keep going, I miss kissing him, his soft plump lips on mine. "I guess I'll stay in the guest house," he said, I nodded.