thirty eight

We were finally moving into our new house that mom and dad never bothered to let us see. Avery texted me that he was outside, I ran downstairs before anyone could open the door for him.

"Hi gorgeous," he said as I opened the door "hey Avery," I said, hugging him. Mom came from the den "oh hello, you must be Avery, I've heard so much about you," she said, hugging him.

"I'm Alana, you probably know me from school anyway," she said "wait aren't you Alana McCall? You set the record for serves, my mom was a huge fan!" He said, mom smiled. Dad came downstairs "babe where's the shoebox?" He yelled "Kalin we have guest," she said, gesturing toward Avery.

"Dad this is Avery, Avery this is my dad," I said "hi I'm Kalin nice to meet you," dad said, shaking his hand. "Well I guess I'll take Avery upstairs to help me pack," I said, dragging him up the stairs.

Myra stood in the corner throwing the office supplies into a box "sister dearest!" I called out, she turned to us "Avery this is my sister Myra, Myra this is Avery," I said, they shook hands.

"Hello Avery I'm the future cowriter of every text message you receive from Khadi," she said in a creepy tone, he laughed.

I glared at her. "Khadi where are my slides?" Kameron asked as he came in "and Last but not least. Avery this is my twin Kameron, Kameron Avery," I said.

"Sup. Listen buddy if my sister so much as sheds a tear because of you we'll have a big problem," Kameron said as he gripped his hand.

Avery nodded fast before he let him go. It was quite funny considering Avery was much taller and built than Kameron. I rolled my eyes at Kameron before he left. We all loaded boxes into the cars and drove over to this new house.

We started to look around "woah, I definitely like this house better," Myra said as we walked around. "Mom and dad's room is huge!" Kameron said, coming from a hallway.

We went upstairs and picked rooms. Avery and I went into my room and plopped onto my naked mattress.

I sat against the wall as he laid down in front of me. "Avery can I ask you a question?" I asked, he turned to me "anything," he answered.

"Why do you like me? You're you and I'm me. You could get any of the 792 pretty girls in our school," I asked.

"You're not like them. You actually have a great personality and a brain of your own. The other girls at school just crowd around me and act like middle schoolers. They're only worried about having a cute boyfriend or something superficial. But you're nothing like them. I happen to think you're very beautiful by the way," he scolded. I smiled.

"I didn't think you would even want to talk to me anyway," he said "why?" I questioned. "You're way out of my league Khadi and you're not so I-need-a-boyfriend-24/7 like the other girls. You're independent and you're okay with it," he said.

"Thanks but how am I out of your league? You're known as one of the hottest guys in school, you have straight As, and you play 3 sports! You're a beast Avery!" I said, boosting him.

He playfully rolled his eyes "I don't even care about all of that honestly. People just look at me as a rich kid or a jock and I hate it. I dont even try to date girls from our school, they just want some stupid status or expensive gifts," he said.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through that. Girls at our school just think you don't date anyone because you think you're too good." I admitted.

"Wow there's so much stuff said about me. What do you think?" He asked "I think that I won't listen to what everyone else says," I said.

"Good." He said "so do you like your new house?" He asked, sitting up next to me. "Yea but I'm gonna miss the old one, I've pretty much grown up in that house," I said, turning to look at him.

He smiled as he laid his hand on my cheek, I leaned toward him and pushed my lips against his. The sparks are back. His soft lips on mine again made my stomach bubble, I never wanted to stop.

We both heard footsteps down the hall before quickly pulling away. "I'm sorry," he said, hitting his head "no it's okay....I wanted that to happen," I admitted.

My dad popped in before he could respond "were going out for pizza, come on!" He said.