twenty eight

I sat at my desk after school grading papers into my phone rang.

"Mrs.White,"

"Hey Alana could you come down to my office for a second?"

"Yes sir on my way,"

I stood up and headed to Principal Dodson's office. I knocked on the door before he gave permission for me to come in.

"Take a seat, lets go over lesson plans," he said, I closed the door before sitting in a chair in front of his desk.

"Since you missed the science team meeting let's just briskly go over what we talked about," he stated, I nodded.

He typed on his computer before turning his monitor toward me. "So we decided we'll start a little of intro to physics, but not too much since they're not supposed to learn it until 11th," he said, walking around his desk.

He sat in front of me on his desk. "What are you doing with the classes for this week?" He asked. "Well mostly getting to know everyone and reviewing things from last year that you gave me a planner on," I answered.

"Sounds great Alana! You've only been here for a few days and already succeeding my expectations," he said, high fiving me. I stood up "is that all you needed?" I asked.

He stared at me before briskly kissing my lips. After a few seconds, I kissed back but then pulled away quickly. "I'm sorry I don't know what...I'm sorry," he said. I didn't know what to say so I left.

How could I do that? What was I thinking? I love Kalin. Only Kalin. I let his accusations become real. He's gonna hate me. God what have I done.

I grabbed all of my ungraded papers and put them into my tote bag before leaving. As I drove home I thought of all the ways Kalin would tell me he doesn't love me anymore. I'm so stupid.

I parked in the garage before going into the house. I was instantly greeted by Tarzan and Kato jumping at my feet "hi puppies, have you guys eaten yet?" I asked, rubbing their coat.

"Yes mom, were not starving our dogs," Kameron answered smartly "hey smartypants you better have my homework done," I said, he groaned before heading upstairs.

Kalin walked into the front door "hi sweetheart," he said, kissing my cheek, I smiled. "I'm gonna just head upstairs and go to bed I'm really tired," he explained, I nodded.

After making dinner, helping the kids with their homework, grading papers, and a shower, it was 10 o'clock. I put my hair into a ponytail before going into me and Kalin's room, I watched as he peacefully slept on the right side of our king bed.

His beautiful face would soon be yelling about how horrible I am. He slowly opened his eyes "come to bed," he whined, I slowly sat on the bed. "Hey what's wrong?" He asked, sitting up.

He sat next to me with red pupils and bags under his eyes. "I need to tell you something," I said "I'm listening," he said, fully turning to me.

"Um Parker kissed me," I said, he took a deep breathe "what'd you do?" He asked calmly. "Kalin ..." I started "what did you do Alana?" He asked, clenching his teeth.

"I kissed him back, but only for a little," I answered, he got up "Kalin please come here and talk to me," I whined. "There's nothing to talk about Alana. I'm gonna sleep somewhere else tonight," he said, slamming the door behind him.