forty four

Next morning

I woke up to an empty bed and a note on my nightstand.

Had to slip out before everyone woke up . See you at school gorgeous <3

PS I have a football game today :) *cough* hint

Av

I chuckled at the '*cough*' before getting up. I did my hygienes before getting up and heading downstairs.

 I did my hygienes before getting up and heading downstairs

"So Khadi, Kameron as you know...you guys have birthdays coming up," mom said, we nodded. "Did you guys want to have a party this year?" She asked.

"Not me, I kinda wanna chill this year, Kameron?" I asked "same as Khadi," he agreed. Mom frowned "okay if that's what you guys want," she said, shrugging.

She stepped back to close the fridge, I gasped "mom you're starting to show!" I said excitedly, she looked down before smiling. "Yea, dad and I scheduled an appointment on Saturday to find out the gender," she said, rubbing her bloated belly.

"Okay lets go to school, Myra lets go!!" She yelled, Myra sprinted downstairs half awake. We hopped into the car "hey mom Avery has a football game after school, can I go?" I asked.

"Sure I have to stay to grade papers anyway," she answered as she backed out of the driveway.

Later

Myra and I headed to the field and took our spot in the bleachers. We were the first ones there considering we left as soon as the last bell rang. The boys were snapping as we watched.

Avery blew me a kiss, I chuckled. Myra groaned "you guys are cringy," she said annoyed, I chuckled. The cheerleaders came flipping across the field and stood in front of the bleachers, facing us.

The boys sat on the bench, Riley Mansfield, the captain of the cheer squad, headed toward Avery. They look like a couple, the perfect couple actually.

The captain of the cheer squad and he captain of the football team, I rolled my eyes at the thought. "Why isn't the dance team performing at this game?" Myra asked "oh um it's just because we're getting ready for the pep rally next week," I quickly answered, trying to show how I wasn't bothered.

The crowd piled in behind us, Riley grinned at me before she did a back hand spring into the splits. I chuckled, I learned that stuff in kindergarten.

The game was tied with 30 seconds left. Francisco threw it 40 yards for Avery to catch it in the end zone. He reached up and grabbed the ball with his left hand.

The crowd went crazy, everyone ran down to the field as they held Avery on their shoulders. I stood a few feet away from the guys as the dumped the jug of water onto his head, I chuckled.

"Hansen! Hansen! Hansen!" They chanted, he looked down at me, I smiled and blew a kiss. The team followed his eyes to me "ooohhh!" They all said with a grin before putting him down.

"You did great Avery!" Riley said, stopping in front of him. "Erm...thanks I guess," he said awkwardly before walking past her.

He grabbed both sides of my face before attaching his lips to mine. The whole team cheered and I might have heard Riley stomp off. He pulled away before chuckling.

"I'm gonna go change, wanna go get something to eat?" He asked "yea, that sounds great," I answered, he handed me his keys before rushing to the locker room.

"Well I guess I'll head home with mom," Myra said from behind me, I smiled before hugging her.

I leaned against the back of his car as he came toward me, looking down at his phone. He changed into a white long sleeved Nike shirt, black Nike sweats, and Nikes.

His hair was slightly wet and spiked. Gawd he's gorgeous oh my. He slid his phone in his pocket before looking up at me, he pecked my lips as he grabbed his keys from me.

"Chinese?" He asked as he opened the door for me "yessirrrr you know what I want babe!!!" I heeded, he chuckled as he closed the door.

"Babe your birthday is next week!" He said suddenly and excitedly. "Yea.." I said back "you're not excited? You might get a car," he said as he made a u-turn.

"I don't really like birthdays, yunno I'm not one for attention," I said, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Khadi you're literally always bothering me to pay attention to you when we hangout," he countered.

"Avery Hansen...that isn't the point," I said sassily "I just don't like birthdays and neither does Kameron," I told him. "So you don't want anything?" He asked "nope," I answered quickly.

"My best friend from elementary school is coming to visit in a few days, I can't wait!" I cheered. He chuckled as he pulled into the Panda Express drive thru.

*****

I plopped into my bed before picking up my phone, unnoticed that Avery tagged me in a picture. It was the picture from the football game of us kissing and the football team cheering the the back. The caption read:

10.26❤️

I smiled before liking it.