What if

No one's point of view

It was around 1am when an intruder smashed one of the windows to the beach house where Khadi slept. A man in a black hood put a towel drenched with harmful chemicals onto her nose so she would fall unconscious. He took her out of the house and grew her into the back of his van.

Next morning
Avery

It was already 11am, Khadi gets up at 10, she would've called or came over by now. I asked Kyle to go to the beach house with me, her car was in the driveway.

We knocked on the door but there was no answer, so we used the key to get in. "Her phone is still here," Kyle said, showing me the iPhone 7 in his hand. I walked down the hall to her bedroom, she wasn't in the bed or the bathroom.

My detective instincts arose "Kyle I think she's been kidnapped!" I told him. "Maybe she's out on a morning run," he suggested "no she would've taken her phone for music and there's a broken window over there!" I pointed out.

I quickly called the station. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. Khadi has been kidnapped," I painted as I walked back and forth in the living room.

"The love of my life has been kidnapped," I finally grasped what was going on. I fell to my knees "dad we'll find her it's okay," Kyle said, wrapping his arm around me.

"I told her to come home last night but she wouldn't do it, I should've made her, I should've never left her here alone. I'm so stupid, I've hurt her again," I cried.

One of the deputies knocked at the door, I gave him the whole report before heading out the door. "Take your car home and stay the girls, don't tell them what's going on, I'll be at the station," I told him, he nodded.

Once I made it to the station, everyone gathered in the meeting room."Chief Hansen is everything okay?" Deputy Harrison asked "we have strong evidence that my wife has been kidnapped," I told them, they gasped.

"I need everyone on it now. Don't ask me questions," I said before leaving the room. I headed to my office and shut the door before sliding down the wall.

I quickly texted Myra and Kass to go to our house to watch the kids just in case this person came for the rest of my family next.

I'm such a fuck up. How could I let this happen? I should've either stayed with her or made her come home. Now she's who-knows-where.

"Chief I think you wanna see this," one of my deputies said as they burst into my office. I dried my eyes before going into the office area. News channels broadcasted a video live

"Avery Hansen, do you remember me? You put my brother behind bars 3 years ago. He was the only family I had and you took him from me. So now I've got your dear wife Khadi,"

The man in the mask said, he stepped over to reveal Khadi tied in a chair with a gag in her mood, trying to scream for help.

My breathing picked up, my heart was racing.

"Now I know you come from a rich family so I want a million dollars for the return of your beloved bride. Every hour without the money an article of clothing will be taken off of her and might I say she looks like she has a gorgeous body,"

The feed cut. I slammed the nearest desk "cut the damn connection, identify the bastard, and locate my wife or you'll all be fired!" I roared.

Everyone quickly turned to their computers, I quickly got calls from Kalin, Mom, Alana, and Dad.

I answered Dad's first

What?

J-Avery I can get the million dollars to save her

We're not paying the psycho anything, we're tracking him.

J-your mom and I are coming down to the station no buts

He hung up, I dialed my in laws next.

K- why the hell is my daughter being held hostage on live tv, what happened Avery?

She was staying in the beach house and someone broke in and kidnapped her

K-were coming down there now

All 4 of my parents under my nose.

Within a matter of minutes they were all crowded in my office. "Avery this is all your fault! If you hadn't broken her heart she wouldn't have been staying in the beach house in the first place," Kalin spat.

"If you cared about her more...."

"If you were a better husband,"

"She should've married a better man,"

They all yelled at me. "Just shut up! Shut up okay! She is the love of my life, don't you think I know! I know this is my fault, I know I've failed her again. I'm just as scared as you all are okay, I'm gonna kill him. If he lays one finger..." I said before I was interrupted by my door opening.

Kyle, Kylie, Kira, Myra, and Kass stepped in. "We had to come," Myra spoke. Kass came to me without words and wrapped his arms around me.