seventy

2 days later

I woke up to my alarm at 6 "honey get up now! We have to be on our way in 30 minutes," mom said, coming into my room.

"Okay I'm gonna get ready," I said, getting up. "Avery wake up!" I said, shaking him, he groaned before opening his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked as he yawned "6," I answered as I put on my pants. He slowly got out of bed and got dressed.

I went downstairs to grab breakfast, it was only mom, Avery, and I because Myra had her national cheer meet in Georgia. Mom and dad try to go to all over our events so he flew to Georgia considering he didn't want mom flying while pregnant. Kameron just wanted to leave so he went with them.

"Who's driving?" Mom asked "I'll drive," Avery answered, coming downstairs. "Ooh let's take Kameron's car, he doesn't allow me to be in his car," I said in and annoyed, sarcastic tone.

I grabbed his keys off the hook and handed them to Avery. "Are you awake?" I asked him as he rubbed his eyes, he chuckled "if we make it to LA unharmed then you'll get your answer," he joked.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my dance bag before we went into the garage and got into my truck.

After our 17 minute drive we finally made it to the World of Dance venue. We'd made it there 2 hours ahead of time for rehearsal.

"Khadi! Mrs.White!" They yelled as we came in "hey guys what are we doing?" I asked as they all hugged me. "We were actually waiting for you so we could go backstage to our room and rehearse one more time, Cisco changed the choreography," Lily explained.

I nodded "So this is the boyfriend who's always on your social media," Angelia said with her sassy Latina voice. I chuckled "well everyone this is my boyfriend Avery, Avery this is Angelia, Parris, Lily, X, Jared, G, Karla, Biel, Amari, Licia, Harden, Holden, Mel, Jake, Kenny, Malachy, Dre, Jordan, Jorge, Caleb, Riley, and Yousef," I said, introducing the team. "So this is just our group, but the whole Royal Family is dancing with us today, so it's a much bigger group,"

"Sup," they said in sync "damn Khadi he's wayyy more sexy in person," Angie said as she circled him, he chuckled. "So where's Cole?" I asked "he's in the back helping Cisco set up, we're headed back there now, let's go," Biel said.

We all went to the back and into our assigned dressing room. Avery and mom sat in chairs in the corner.

Riley started the music and we went straight through "so instead of kicking out in this beat we rewind like this," G was teaching me.

I ran through the routine by myself to make sure I got it. We headed back into the hallway, Cisco and Cole came toward us, Cole picked me up and spun me around.

"Hey you," he said after kissing my cheek "hey Cole, we haven't ran through our duet," I scolded as he put me down. "Don't stress we've ran through it dozens of times.

"I want you to meet my boyfriend, this is Avery, Avery this is Cole and our instructor/choreographer Cisco," I said. They did a dude handshake.

***

It was finally our turn to perform, we started with our group dance.

Link to dance:
https://youtu.be/Xw6k6Ma0oqo

Avery

I sat next to Alana as we waited for Alana's team to perform. They announced her team and we cheered.
Everyone came out in white baseball jerseys.

They blew me away, Khadi keeps it simple at school, but she's a great dancer. Once they were done, she came and found me, nearly out of breath.

"You did great sweetheart," I said, she smiled "thanks baby, did mom bring my water bottle?" I asked. I handed her her water bottle.

"So me and Cole have our duet next...and I'm gonna warn you that it's a little sexy. We, were close," she said. "Okay.." I said not knowing how to respond "okay were on in two minutes," she said before giving me a kiss and running back.

After a few minutes, it was finally their turn, they came out in a change of clothes. A slower version of I Don't Wanna Live Forever started.

The routine consisted of them being extremely close together, gazing into each other's eyes, him holding her as she wrapped her legs around him, and a kiss at the end.

Welp I see what she was talking about. They were finally done, after about 30 minutes, the whole team came out and sat with us.

Khadi sat in my lap, I rested my hand on her lower back to support her. "You're such an amazing dancer, the stuff at school is nothing compared to this," I beamed at her.

"Thanks babe, I took contemporary, hip hop, and ballet when I was 5," she told me "and let's not forget ballroom," Cole interrupted as he sat down next to us.

"Yea and ballroom," Khadi said "so you're Avery," Cole asked in a certain tone "yes I'm Avery," I countered. He chuckled "what's funny?" I asked "nothing buddy," he said before turning to Khadi.

"No really, what's so funny?" I asked, getting highly pissed off "oh it's just that I don't think you're good enough for her," he said.

"Cole what the fuck?" Khadi stepped in "and who is then Cole?" I asked. "I mean I'm just speaking it, y'all look weird," he said "oh so you would look okay with her because you're mixed too right?" I asked sarcastically.

"Cole just shut up, she's happy with him and you need to respect that," Riley said, stepping in.

"Cole let's go now," Khadi said, standing up "whatever you want princess," he said, standing with her, she rolled her eyes.

"I'll be back," she told me, leaving me looking foolish.

Khadi

Me and Cole walked to the back of the building and stepped outside. "What the fuck was that Cole?" I yelled "Khadi calm down I was joking with the kid," he said as if it was no big deal.

"No you weren't. Cole I can't be with you okay, you can't just try to ruin my relationships in hopes of that," I told him. "I'll wait for you Khadi, what don't you understand, you're perfect for me and you're prancing around with some rich white boy," he said, annoyed.

"Well I love my rich white boy and you're gonna have to deal with that," I said before going back in.