ninety three

One year later

I rolled over and opened my eyes to Avery's staring back at mine. "How long have you been awake?" I asked "just 20 minutes, I'm gonna get ready for work in a few minutes but I had to talk to you before I left," he said.

I sat up "about what?" I asked "I want you to marry me," he said, I chuckled before getting up "you always say that," I said, walking into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Once I was finished, I walked back into our room to see Avery on one knee, I began to cry. He smiled "baby I've been in love with you since I was 15 years old. I fall in love with you every single day and I thank God for blessing me with you, your love, your compassion. You are the most beautiful woman inside and out and if you'd do me the honor of being my wife I will love and take care of you," he said.

By now I was shaking and sobbing, all I could do was nod. He stood up before pushing the enormous rock onto my left hand before kissing me.

"Why are you crying so much?" He joked as he wiped my tears away with his thumbs "because I love you, I'll marry you a thousand times if I have to," I told him. He kissed me again, he pulled away smiling ear to ear "I'm so fucking excited you make me so happy!" He yelled, I chuckled.

"Okay I'm gonna be late for work!" He said before running into the bathroom. After half an hour he finally came out, his hair combed with his black deputy attire on.

"Have a great day," I told him as I stood at the door "goodbye my love-well fiancé and good luck at your interview today," he said before pecking my lips. Once the door shut I slid down the wall, he proposed. Like he really asked me to marry him. OH MY GOD, I'm gonna be his wife!

I screamed, this is actually happening! I looked at the gorgeous ring on my finger before calling my mom and Myra, I put them into a conference call.

Mom, Myra Avery proposed this morning!!

They both screamed into the phone

Mom: oh my gosh my daughter's getting married!!

Myra: I'm gonna be your maid of honor right?

Yes Myra of course

Mom: what colors are you using?

Myra: guest list?

I don't know all of that yet, we haven't set a date or anything

Mom: you could let me plan it

Sure mom, okay well I have to go get ready for my interview

Myra: interview? Where?

At Burke publications, after all this time I finally found an opening for an executive assistant

Mom: okay well good luck sweetie

Thanks mom I have to go bye

I decided to use a pop of red

I decided to use a pop of red. (That's not her engagement ring btw) I grabbed my wallet and keys before heading downstairs to my car.

I parked in the huge garage of Burke Publications before going in. I stopped at the the front desk "hey in here for my interview with Mr.Burke," I told her.

She handed me a pass and directed me to the 15th floor. I sat outside of his office waiting for the person before me to come out.

After 15 minutes a woman around my age nearly ran out of his office, oh no. I took a deep breath before walking into his office, he had his office chair turned away from me, facing his window wall that displayed the city under us.

I sat down in the chair as he turned around, we both gasped. "Ryder?"