forty eight

"Okay I'm ready!" I squealed, finally coming out of the bathroom, he smiled "you're so beautiful oh my," he whined, hugging me.

"Thanks babe, come on let's go!!!!" I whined, pulling his arm. We went into the hallway, Kameron was coming out of his room "happy birthday bubba!!" I said, hugging him.

"Thanks you too! Now get off of me, dad and I have plans," he said with a disgusted tone, I chuckled before pulling away.

"Happy birthday sweetheart," mom said, hugging me "thanks mom," I told her "you and Kam will open your presents later, Myra and I are gonna stay here and make your cake," she explained, I nodded.

"Where's dad?" I asked "he went to the store to pick up a few things with Myra," she told me "well okay, me and Avery are hanging out today," I told her.

"Okay sweetie you two have fun!" She said, nearly pushing us out the door.

Myra

Dad and I walked down every aisle piling junk into the basket. "What'd you guys need for cake?" He asked "flour and icing," I answered.

The total came out to be $178.02, the cashier gave us a judge mental glare for all the junk we were buying. We paid before loading our groceries into the backseat.

We high fived "we did good!" He said before putting the car in drive.

Avery

"So you know I have to take you to my parents first," I told Khadi "they would kill me if I didn't bring you over to get your present," I finished.

She gasped "nooo they bought me something! They didn't have to do that," she said with her hand on her chest.

I chuckled "honestly they're enjoying having someone else to buy gifts for, mom loves it," I told her.

I pulled into our driveway before getting out to open Khadi's door. I grabbed her hand as she stepped out and walked her into the house.

"Khadi!!! We've missed you!" Mom said,pulling her away from me and hugging her. "I missed you guys too," Khadi said into her hair.

"Happy birthday sweetheart! Avery might have told you about the gifts we bought for you," she said, Khadi nodded.

"So I was out shopping the other day and I found this beautiful dress and I thought of you! When Avery said your birthday was coming up it was perfect!" She said, grabbing a huge, flat box and handing it to Khadi.

She opened it to a black lace dress, Khadi gasped. "Oh my gosh it's Armani!" She squealed "I knowww!! I knew you'd like it! Let's go try it on," my mom said excitedly.

They went down the hall into a room, leaving me in the living room on the couch. The front door opened to dad and Karson "you did great buddy!" Dad said high fiving him.

"I hit a home run in practice today!!" Karson told me "nicceeee!" I said proudly, high fiving him. "what are you doing here? I thought you and Khadi were hanging out today?" Dad asked.

"We are, she's trying on the dress mom got her, we're leaving in a few," I explained, he nodded.

Khadi and mom finally came out, Khadi held he box. "You weren't gonna show me," I whined "I'm gonna wait to show you," she told me "spoiler alert: she looks gorgeous!!" Mom exclaimed.

"Okay okay mom I get it my girlfriend is gorgeous! Now I'm gonna take her out because it's her birthday," I said annoyed.

My moms brows raised "okay Avery, I'll see you later Khadi," she said, hugging her. "Happy birthday Khadi!!!!" Karson yelled before zooming downstairs and hugging her.

"Thanks Karson!" She said, hugging him back, he winked at me before pulling away. I rolled my eyes "okayyyy were gonna go bye," I said, picking Khadi up and swinging her around my shoulder.

"Bye guys!" She said as I walked out the door. I softly dropped her into the passenger seat of my car. "Avery!!! I love your family I wanted to stay longer!!" She whined.

"I'll bring you back tomorrow, we have plans today," I explained "okayyy," she whined.

***
We had just finished our dinner at her favorite restaurant and shopping that ended up in 24 bags from Victoria's Secret and 5 from Forever 21.

We walked on the beach as the sun set, the wind blowing her perfect, auburn hair with it. I grabbed her waist before stopping her in front of me, she smiled.

"Khadi were 2 months into this relationship and I think were pretty serious," I started, trying to figure out how I was gonna say this.

"I promise that I'm committed to you and only you. I don't want to be with anyone else," I said, getting on one knee. She gasped, I chuckled "it's a promise ring!! Don't worry," I told her, she chuckled.

I slid it onto her finger as she laughed "thank you Avery, I love being with you everyday and I never get tired of spending time and making memories with you," she said before kissing me.

We pulled away as my phone rang

Mrs. White: were ready

"Okay lets go home and watch movies and have popcorn fights," I lied, swooping her off her feet and wrapping my arms around her.

"Okay I have to blindfold you," I told her as we got into the car, she raised her eyebrows "Avery Hansen what is going on?" She asked suspiciously.

I smiled "trust me babe," I told her, she sighed before I tied the bandana around her head.

I sped to their house, we were finally on their road, I quickly pulled around the house and parked in the backyard in the driveway.

I helped her out of the car and grabbed her waist to help her into the house. "Avery oh my gosh I will kill you, what's going on?" She groaned impatiently, I chuckled as we walked through the hallway and through the den.

We finally made it to the living room and everyone stood competent still, Kalin came in with Kameron blindfolded soon after us.

We counted down before ripping the bandanas off. "Surprise!!" Everyone yelled.