forty six

"9th graders are now dismissed for the pep rally" the intercoms announced, I groaned in anticipation as we ran around the cheer room getting bows and skirts in place.

"Okay ladies lets go kill it," Miss. Harper, our cheer coach, said, we headed out to the gym and sat on the floor along the front of the bleachers.

Khadi

We stood in the hallway with the football players, waiting to be called in. "You guys have to kill Riley! I'm so tired of her thinking she's queen bitch," Kass said, rolling his eyes.

"Yea she's just... a bitch," Asa added in, I chuckled. "Where's Avery?" I asked curiously "he's in the locker room, he put on his pants backwards," Jeremy answered, we all laughed.

"Alright we're ready for the football players, we're calling one at a time, where's captain?" principal Dodson said, coming in.

"Right here!" Avery yelled, running down the hall while putting on his socks.

"Now it's time to introduce the Burbank High School Varsity football team," Principal Dodson said. "We'll start off with our captain, Avery Hansen!" He announced.

He ran out the door as everyone cheered before sitting on the end of the bench toward the back of the gym, looking toward the crowd.

"Jeremy Scott"
"Kass Harden"
"Joey Karp"
"Alfonzo Martinez"
"Ali Taridad"
"Tanner Bus"
"Andre Calvin"
"Malachy Frazier"
"Kendall Izumu"
"Johnny Karp"
"Regan Holder"
"Kameron White"
"Derek Holmes"
"Asa Jarvis"
"And Kenneth Harvey"

Everyone cheered once again. "The varsity football team has a very important game against San Jose on Friday, come out to watch!" Coach Karp announced.

"Now it's time to introduce our Burbank dancers!" Assistant Principal Kell announced. "Let's start with our captain who we know and love, Khadi White!" She said, I awkwardly walked out as everyone cheered.

I smiled before going to stand in front of Avery said he was he first to be called. I stood in my 'one foot in front' pose as he sat on the bench behind me.

"Alice Jacob"
"Lizzy David"
"Rogue Harper"
"GG Perez"
"Armani Frisian"
"Frankie Swarthow"
"Elizabeth Johnson "
"And Shalia Hudson"

We all grabbed hands and bowed before sitting down on the floor in front of the football players.

I leaned back onto Avery "that was so bad," I said, turning toward him. "It was not. That was just yalls introduction anyway Khadi it's fine," he told me, holding my hand.

"Hopefully this goes fine, I wouldn't wanna be the loser who lost to Riley, plus Kelly made me do the choreography" I said "honestly everyone hates her it's fine," Kass said with a chuckle.

"Just think about something else, something you'd rather be doing other than beating her," Avery told me "soooo cuddling," I said sneakily with a smile.

His face reddened as he smiled "yes Khadi, cuddling," he said "aw you're so cute," I whined, kissing his cheek.

"Awwwww heart eyes!" Kass and Alfonzo beamed, I rolled my eyes playfully. The cheerleaders started to perform, I leaned onto Avery's lap as he held both of my hands.

"Yesss Myra you better work it honey!!" I yelled as she stood at the top of the pyramid. Once she was down, she quickly turned around and blew me a kiss.

I smiled before catching it. "You and Myra are best friends right?" Kass asked "yea she's also my sister," I answered.

"Is it okay if I ask her out?" He asked me, I gasped "you like Myra??" I asked excitedly "yea.... that's why I'm asking you if I can go out with her...connect the dots," he said sarcastically.

"No it's funny because she likes you too, she talks about you alllll the time. Omg Kass is hot, omg Kass has pretty eyes! Omg Kassssssss," I mimicked, he laughed.

"You think Myra's bad? Kass is all like duuuuuude Myra is beautiful. Duuuuuuuuuuude Myra would be the perfect girlfriend. Duuuuuudeeeee Myra's the besssst," Jeremy mimicked, I laughed.

"Aww Kass!! Go for her she really likes you!!" I told him, he nodded happily. "By if you hurt her I swearrrrrr," I threatened.

Avery

"I won't I promise!" Kass said, throwing his hands up. The cheerleaders finally came to a stop and it was time for the dancers to perform.

They all stood up "okay good luck baby!" I said, kissing her five times. She smiled before walking to her spot.

"Dude you really like her," Kass pointed out "Kass im in love with her," I told him, his eyes widened. "Wow Avery that's big! Are you gonna tell her?" He asked.

"No, we've only been dating for 2 months and I don't wanna scare her," I told him "another with this lovey dovey stuff, let's watch," I told him, hitting his arm.

Myra

I sat down and watched as the dancers got into their formation. Khadi stood in front while the others stood behind her in a triangle formation.

"Lets go babe!!!" I yelled to her, she chuckled as her head was down. The music started and she flipped her hair, other girls followed behind every 3 seconds.

They all leaned back and curved "oh shit yessss!" I cheered. After their bomb ass 15 minute routine, they all got in a line and bent over before flipping their hair one after the other.

They slowly formed a circle with Khadi in the middle. They slowly hit dead drops one by one, leaving Khadi standing up in the middle.

She flipped onto one hand so she was upside down before flipping over and falling into the splits. Every once cheered but the routine wasn't over yet.

She stood up and looked dead at Riley before blowing her a kiss. She finally ended with a slow dead drop in the middle of the circle.

"Yasssss that's my bitch yessss!!" I screamed with everyone. They all got up one by one and marched out in formation.

Khadi

We all celebrated in the hallway after our performance "we did so great!!!!" I cheered as we all hugged each other.

"We definitely have to celebrate over dinner later!" Elizabeth suggested, we all agreed on Mellow Mushroom.

"Babe you did great!!" Avery said, running toward me and kissing my cheek "thanks," I said with a smile. "You guys did so great in pretty sure Myra just got a weeks dhall for yelling 'yasss that's my bitch!!' A few times," he mimicked, I laughed.

The cheerleaders stomped in, we all stared at Riley before blowing her a kiss. She stomped off with the rest of the cheerleaders "great job sis!!!! You slayed that bitch," Myra cheered, whispering the last part.