forty five

Myra

"Myra, honey could you come downstairs for a second?!" Mom yelled, I hurried downstairs to the sound of her voice.

She stood in the kitchen mixing a pink liquid "can you help me bake, you seem to be the only other person in this house that likes to cook," she said.

"Yea, what are you making?" I asked, rolling up my sleeves and washing my hands. "Strawberry cupcakes for Mrs. Bradley's baby shower, she's announcing that she's having a girl," she answered, putting cupcake pans in front of me.

"So how's school? I know I've been going crazy with teaching and a baby on the way I haven't been paying much attention to you guys," she asked.

"Oh no it's fine, school's great actually, I think I like this guy," I told her, she raised her eyebrows "ooh what's his name? What's he like?" She asked excitedly.

I chuckled "his name's Kass, he's really nice and funny, but we're kinda like best friends. He's also Avery's best friend since like 2nd grade" I explained. "Does he like you back?" She asked as she poured the mix into the pan.

"I don't know, I really haven't told him how I feel," I told her "honestly I think you should take a chance to see what happens Myra. You and Khadi would have boyfriends who are best friends, it would be so cute," she told me. I chuckled again.

"I'll invite him to the party so we can get to know each other outside of school," I told her. "That's great! So what does he look like?" She asked excitedly "he has bleach blonde hair that goes to about his shoulder, blue eyes, gorgeous teeth," I explained, thinking about him.

"Aww I can wait to meet him! We also have to make two cakes for the party and we'll have a 3 hour time frame. Avery's taking Khadi out while dad's taking Kameron out so we'll have time then," she explained.

I nodded before sliding the cupcakes in the oven. "I can't wait for the pep rally tomorrow!!! Khadi and Riley are basically gonna battle it out with their routines, like cheerleader captain vs dance captain," I said excitedly.

"Myra you're a cheerleader...aren't you supposed to support the cheerleaders?" She asked curiously "uh no, Khadi'a my girl and I hate Riley so catch me screaming when she kills it," I said sticking my tongue out, she laughed.

Dad came in "ladies you two must be cooking daddy some cupcakes! Finally the appreciate I deserve!" He cheered. We laughed "no these are for a baby shower," mom told him, he whined "ugh okay, I'm gonna take a nap," he announced before kissing mom's forehead.

Next day

"Best friennndddd wake up!!!" I yelled, jumping on Khadi's bed, it was literally the only day Avery wasn't in bed with her in the morning.

She groaned before sitting up "I'm sooooo ready for the pep rally!!! You gotta slay on Rileys flat ass," I said, plopping in front of her.

"Is it bad that I'm a little nervous? The whole schools gonna be watching," she said "no honey catch me screaming for you imma be like 'ahhhhhhhh thasss my baby'" I screamed.

She laughed "okay let's get dress tiny dancer," I said, pulling her out of bed.