sixty eight

Monday

It was 7 am and I was already at school. Today we have a pep rally and of course the dance team has to perform.

We ran through the moves of our routine in slow motion. All I could think about was the World of Dance competition this weekend.

"Okay we can head to the gym and take our spots. Put on your coverups for right now," Miss.Kelly said. I put on my jacket and lead the team down the hall.

We took our seats on the first row of the bleachers. "First soccer game tomorrow!! I'm so excited," Traci squealed next to me. I simply nodded. Once everyone was settled into the gym, Principal Dodson started to talk on the mic.

"Welcome to our second pep rally of the semester, lets go bulldogs!" He said before everyone cheered. "We are coming to a close of our successful first semester and I couldn't be more proud of you guys for all of your hard work!" He said, everyone clapped.

"Since we are cross seasoned right now, we won't be introducing any teams in this rally but we do have the voting results for captains of the Varsity Soccer and Basketball team," he said, holding up an envelope.

"Captain is the girls basketball team is Rhonda Olsen, the captain of the boys basketball team is Joey Gardo," he announced, they both stood up and bowed.

"The captain of the girls soccer team is Khadi White and he captain of the boys soccer team is Avery Hansen," he announced. I stood up, I saw Avery stand up on the other side of the gym, we both bowed.

"Great kids! Come out and see the girls soccer team and boys basketball team play their first game here tomorrow," he said.

"Now let's bring out our wonderful cheerleaders who are competing in nationals this weekend in Florida. They're here to show us their routine," Principal Dodson said, walking off to the side of the gym and standing next to my mom.

I cheered for Myra as they flipped and tumbled. Myra stood at the top of the pyramid, I chuckled as I saw mom jump in fear.

They finally ended and everyone clapped, we made our way down to the floor and set up.

"Now let's give it up for Khadi and our dance team!" Principal Dodson announced as our music started. "Did I mention they're going to nationals in Los Angeles next weekend," he said before putting the mic down.