fifteen

Alana

I followed Kalin upstairs after his speech, I closed the door as we stepped into our bedroom.

"Ugh I'm so happy to be back in our room!" He cheered, falling onto the bed. "I can't lie, I've missed you," I admitted, he smiled before it faded.

"They hate me Alana, I really hope they can forgive me," he said as I sat next to him. "They will Kalin, just give them time," I said, stroking his back.

"I love you," he said, turning to me, I pecked his lips. "I love you too," I replied. The doorbell rang downstairs "Grandpa!!" I heard Khadi and Kameron yell, great.

We headed downstairs to see my parents and Karmen in the living room. "Hi mom, hi dad," I said, giving them hugs. "Hi sweetheart, we came to give you some good news," mom said.

"So everyone's coming back for my birthday next week," dad announced, I smiled. My siblings scattered across the country after high school.

August lives in Oregon, Ivy lives in Texas, and Kamille and Arden got moved to Florida together after college, living in the same apartment building.

"How long are they staying?" I asked "2 weeks, it took a long time to convince all of them, but they agreed," mom answered. I smiled, I haven't seen my siblings in 2 years, we all still talk but it's every once and a while.

"Sis, how's 10th grade?" I asked, sitting next to her "trash. I hate school," she muttered, I chuckled. "You sound like Ivy," I said with a smile.

"Well were gonna head home, it was nice seeing you guys," dad said, standing with mom. "Bye mom and dad," I said, hugging them "bye sweetheart," mom said back.

I closed the door once they stepped out. "This should be fun," I said with a smile. "We haven't seen your siblings for years," Kalin said as we walked upstairs,

"I know, I hope we're as close as we used to be," I said worriedly.

MUST READ: so somewhere in the beginning of this book Myra and Kameron have an encounter where they kiss and almost go further but I took it out of the book. But I'm just gonna keep it going. So anyway she tells him she's not his type and he gets to thinking and wondering if he's a jerk so yea.

Next day
Kameron

I hopped up and put on a shirt before heading downstairs and into the kitchen. Myra and Khadi sat on the island eating cereal. Mom came in the kitchen.

"Alright I'm off to work, can you guys get some chores done please. The backyard needs to be cleaned after the storm last night," she said, grabbing her lunch.

"Okay mom," we said. She kissed everyone's foreheads before leaving. "So who's gonna help me clean the pool?" I asked "I'll do it," Myra answered.

"I'm cleaning the kitchen and living room, the pool takes wayyy too long to clean," Khadi said. Myra hopped off the island and followed me to the back of the house and inside to the backyard.

We both grabbed a net and started scooping leaves out of the pool. "So Myra I need to ask you a question," I blurted out "oh gosh you've been thinking about what I said to you," she said.

"What did you mean that you're not my type?" I asked "Kameron I'm some poor girl from a bad neighborhood, look at your life," she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows "I don't care about any of that Myra," I said. "So what? You want to be with me now? I'm no value to you, I'm an embarrassment Kameron and you know it. You look at me like I'm less just admit it," she said, crying now.

"Myra no, that's not-" was all I could say before she ran inside. I dropped the net before following her inside, Khadi was still cleaning the kitchen, I ran upstairs and into Khadi's room.

Myra sat on the floor crying, I sat next to her. "Myra I don't look at you as if you're less. Myra I think you're beautiful, smart, funny. You're not an embarrassment to me or anyone else," I said.

She looked up at me "Kameron you're a great guy, thank you okay," she said. "Listen Myra, I don't have a 'type' you're a great person and I would go for you," I said.

She smiled. I wiped away her tears with the pad of my thumb before kissing her forehead.