six

"Why are you here? And why do you have our dog?" I asked, getting in front of my sister.

"Um, I pay the bills and last time I checked, I bought both of these dogs for your mom," he shot back with a grin.

"Our mom who you cheated on, let's not forget that," Khadi said from behind me. He furrowed his eyebrows "is that what she told you? I cheated on her?" He asked, confused.

"That's what we assumed. She cried herself to sleep last night, " I said angrily. He had a pained look in his eyes "I didn't cheat on her," he said. "Then what did you do dad?" Khadi asked confused.

"You guys are old enough to know..." he trailed, we all stood there waiting for his answer "I...I slapped her," he said lowly.

My mouth dropped and my eyes widened, I stood there frozen. "You did what?!" Khadi yelled before constantly punching him in the chest.

He grabbed her hands "guys I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight, you know I would never hurt your mom purposely. I love her," he said in a pleading tone.

I grabbed Khadi before she could hit him again. "I hate you!" She yelled, slipping out of my grip and walking upstairs.

I released Kota from his leash in dad's hand, he ran into the house behind me. "Bye dad," I said shaking my head and closing the door.