thirty two

It was finally Saturday, but Kalin had to work so I laid in bed alone. Khadi and Myra came into our room "good morning mom," Myra started, I sat up and greeted them.

"So we were wondering if we could have a shopping day?" Khadi finished "sure, I've already graded papers so we can go out," I answered.

They cheered "but we have to bring lunch to dad," I stated "yay okay! Thanks mom!" They said at the same time before leaving.

I got up and went down the hall to Kameron's room "hey son," I said, sitting on the bed next to him as he laid down.

"Hey mom what's up?" He asked, sitting up and looking away from his phone. "We're going shopping did you wanna come?" I asked "no I wanna stay in," he answered.

"Okay call us if you change your mind, I'll bring back some food," I said before kissing his forehead. I got ready and went downstairs to cook breakfast for Kameron.

"So where are we going?" Khadi asked "I don't know maybe that cute little street with shops and food," I said, they nodded.

Kameron came into the kitchen yawning "I made cinnamon muffins for you, were getting ready to go are you sure you don't wanna come?" I asked again

"No mom it's fine, I'll wait till dad gets home go have a girls day," he said, shooing is away. We went into the garage "Are we taking the BMW or the Mercedes?" Myra asked.

"Ohh how I love my husband. The Mercedes of course," I said, unlocking the doors. "I call shotgun and the aux," Myra yelled, Khadi groaned and hopped in the backseat. "I don't have my Bluetooth set up yet, we'll have to stick to FM for right now," I stated.

"We're gonna stop at In-N-Out real quick," I said, pulling into the drive thru. I ordered Kalin's normal meal before driving to the McCall Tech building.

We all got it before going into the lobby "hey Alana, how's it going?" The receptionist asked "great, I just came to bring Kalin lunch," I answered.

"Him and Mr.McCall are in a meeting right now, but you can go up there and wait," she suggested, I nodded before stepping into the elevator.

We stepped off and onto the marble floor "uh hi Alana," Vivian said as if I didn't know her and my husband had sex.

"Hi Vivian is Kalin still in his meeting?" I asked, playing along "yea but his office is unlocked," she said "I bet his office is unlocked all the time, be sure to stay out of it," I said with an eye roll before strutting down the hall.

"What was that about?" Khadi asked "oh nothing just a little adult joke," I lied as she stepped into Kalin's large office.

He came in shortly after "fucking idiots," he groaned before looking up. "Oh hey ladies," he said awkwardly before walking toward me.

He kissed my temple before sitting down and pulling me onto his lap. "Where are you guys going? You all look gorgeous," he said, looking at me.

"We're heading to-" I started before he cut me off with a kiss "sorry you're adorable keep going," he said, I smiled.

"Wow y'all make me depressed about my nonexistent love life," Myra stated "yes your love life should be nonexistent and if it isn't then I'll find out," Kalin countered quickly, I chuckled.

"So were just going shopping and having a girls day," I finished "so you guys left Kameron at home?" He asked "yea he has he wanted to stay home," I answered.

He chuckled, I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes. "Okay were gonna go, we just came to bring you lunch," I said, standing.

He still had my hand in his as I stood in front of him, he kissed me again "bye ladies, thanks for bringing me lunch, babe by the way I have a house for us to look at tomorrow, you'll love it" he said as we walked toward the door.

"Hey babe can we switch cars, I haven't set up my Bluetooth yet," I asked "sure, my keys are in that cabinet," I said, pointing to the left.

I dropped my keys on his desk "thanks baby see you at home," I said as we left.