thirty

Alana

I'd made it home before Kalin somehow. I was dog tired "hey are you guys okay on food today? I'm really tired and I don't know if I can cook a whole meal," I said to the kids.

"Sure mom go to bed we're fine," Khadi answered for them, I kissed their foreheads before heading upstairs.

I dropped my heels at the door and went into the bathroom. I stripped and stepped into the hot shower, I scrubbed shampoo in my roots as the steamy water relaxed my muscles.

Once I was done, I stepped out and put on shorts and a tank top before sliding into bed and pulling out my book.

I put on my glasses with intentions of reading 2 chapters before bed. Someone knocked on the door "come in!" I said, Kameron stepped in and shut the door.

"Hi mom can I sleep with you?" He asked "sure babe," I said, sliding into the middle of the bed so he could lie down next to me. Kameron rarely slept with me, it was maybe once a month because he didn't want to seem like a baby.

He wrapped his arms around me as I read, I scratched his scalp with one hand while turning the book's pages in the other. After 30 minutes I was unconscious next to my son who beat me to the punch.

Kalin

I finally got home at 10:30 after filing backed files that were left last week. I opened the door to our bedroom to see Alana and Kameron cuddling, fast asleep.

I chuckled. Kameron loves her so much, he loves her almost as much as me sometimes. I smiled at my momma's boy, he followed after me and I couldn't complain.

After my shower, I slipped in bed on the opposite side of her and wrapped my arms and her.

Alana

I woke up in a sandwich, Kalin and Kameron holding onto me tightly. I chuckled before smiling, 'my two boys' I said to myself.

It took a good 6 minutes before I could get out of the tight grip war.

I headed downstairs and started breakfast, waffles, eggs, and sausage. I skipped around the kitchen in my shorts and tank top while flipping food every few minutes.

It was the only time I had to myself before everyone woke up, I suddenly felt arms wrap around me and a kiss on my neck.

"Good morning my love," I said happily, looking up at his beautiful half sleeping face. He kissed me again before groaning "I'm so tired," he whined "babe go back to bed you don't have work today," I suggested.

"I know, but I'm kinda hungry right now," he said, I chuckled. He sat down at the bar, watching me cook. "I have a waffle done, you want it?" I asked, he nodded quickly as I brought it to him.

As he ate, he started to talk "Alana what if we moved?" He asked. "To where babe?" I asked, confused "we'll stay in Burbank for sure but just another house," he stated.

"Why do you wanna move?" I asked "I don't know, aren't you tired of this house?" He said. "I mean if you wanna move we can look at houses, I have no problem as long as we stay here in Burbank," I compromised.

"Okay, I'll look into it," he said, picking up another piece of the square waffle. Khadi came in next, rubbing her tired geez eyes.

"Good morning sweetheart," I said with a smile "mom. Why are you so peppy at this time of the day," she groaned, I chuckled.

"Ooh can you make muffins?" She begged "Khadi I'm already almost done with everything else," I answered "but mommmyyyy I love your muffins and my day wouldn't be complete without them," she whined with her lips puckered.

Kalin laughed, I rolled my eyes. "Okay, but you'll make the mix," I agreed, she nodded. I put 12 waffles on a plate, 8 sausages on another, and a ton of toast on the last.

Kameron and Myra finally came into the kitchen "good morning guys, you're just in time for breakfast," I said with a smile.

We all fixed our plates and stood around the kitchen eating. "So what sports is everyone doing this year? I need to plan ahead for any supplies you guys will need," I said.

"Basketball and football," Kameron answered "no baseball this year?" Kalin asked "I don't think I want to play anymore," he answered. "You sure?" I asked "yes, I've already talked to Coach Hammonds," he said, I shrugged.

"Well I'm doing track, cheer, and volleyball," Myra answered, we nodded then looked to Khadi "Soccer and dance of course," she answered shortly.

"Okay so Kam needs new basketball shoes, Myra needs cleats and court shoes, and Khadi needs shin guards and cleats," I said as I wrote it down.