One hundred twenty one

Khadi

I sat at my desk reading over transcripts before there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted without looking up from my papers "so how did everything go with Avery?" Ryder asked.

"Fine, were fine," I answered, regretting that I ever told him about what happened. "Oh that's cool, so how's the new daughter?" He asked as he sat next to me.

For these past few weeks I've been talking to Ryder about all of my drama because I've been so lonely and he listens. "I really haven't gotten to know her yet, I just moved back in today," I told him.

He nodded "thank you for listening to all of my ranting for these past few weeks," I told him. "It's no problem I understand. When Teresa passed away, I was so alone, well other than our daughter, but she's a child and I wouldn't burden her with my problems. I'm always here to listen," he explained.

"Thank you," I said as I hugged him, my door opened to Avery standing in the frame with bags of food. We both turned to him, Ryder stood up greeted him before leaving us.

"What was that about?" He asked "nothing, we were just talking," I answered. "I'm just gonna let it go, I don't want to fight anymore," he said before pecking my lips.

Ryder came back into my office "would you two and your family wanna come to dinner at my house tomorrow?" He asked. "Sure, we don't have anything planned that would be great!" I answered.

"We'll see you then," he said before leaving again, Avery turned back to me "why would he invite us to dinner?" He asked.

"He's just trying to be nice, we're going so I don't wanna hear your complaints," I told him "well gosh someone's grumpy today," he said sarcastically.

"I'm not grumpy you're just pissing me off," I snapped, his eyes widened "what'd I do?" He asked. "Can you just go, I need to finish these," I asked him "Okay...um I love you," he said, kissing my forehead before leaving.

Home

"Hey guys were gonna go to dinner at Ryder's tomorrow," I told them as they laid on the den's couches and watched tv. "Who's Ryder?" Kira asked "he's basically my boss," I answered, she nodded.

Avery stood in the opening between the den and the kitchen when I turned to him. I began to walk to the master with him on my heels, he closed the door once we were in.

"What's wrong?" He asked "nothing Avery I just want to be left alone," I lied. "Khadi stop being so difficult and tell me what's wrong!" He scolded "like I said, I'm fine," I spat back.

He grabbed my arms and pinned them to the wall behind us, I grabbed his arms and pushed them away from me. I went into our bathroom before locking the door and getting in the shower.

Suddenly I was annoyed with Avery, I didn't want his touch, I didn't want him talking to me, I didn't want him looking at me.