seventy three

Next day

After my crying and ice cream filled night, I remembered the boss ass bitch I am and got dressed. "Good morning my beautiful family," I said happily "um good morning sweetheart, why so enthusiastic?" Dad asked.

"I don't know, I feel great!" I answered, popping a muffin in my mouth.

I stood at my locker grabbing my books before Avery came down the hall and stopped at his. I approached him, he turned to me.

"Um I...I just wanted to give these back," I said, unlatching my necklace and pulling my promise ring off before putting it into his hand.

He looked down at them "you don't have to give these back," he told me, in the corner of my eye I could see Riley coming our way.

"Another girl deserves it," I said, once she made it to us, she grabbed Avery and nearly sucked his face off. She pulled away before smirking at me "hey Khadi," she said, flipping her hair and grabbing his hand.

I smiled, trying to hold back from laughing. "Hi Riley, you look great. By the way, Avery hates intense PDA," I told her.

Riley furrowed her brows, Avery chuckled lowly "well I'll see you guys around," I said before walking away.

Although it felt great to see Riley's face after that whole thing, I'm still hurting. Losing Avery isn't gonna be easy for me to let go but I have to act like it.

The bell rang for lunch, Alfonzo waved at me to come sit with him and the former varsity football team.

I took a seat next to him "hey guys," I said, sitting my tray down "what's up Khadi," they all said in sync. Myra and Kass came and took their seats next to me.

I spotted Avery and Riley coming into the cafe, everyone stared at them. Johnny made a gagging sound. "What's gotten into him? He hates her," Regan stated.

"Honestly I think she's blackmailing him or something...why would he break up with Khadi to date... that," Joey said with disgust.

"Yea why did y'all break up?" Ali asked "um...he said he liked Riley..." I admitted. "She's definitely blackmailing him, he's been in love with Khadi since their 2 month mark," Kass said.

"I'm gonna grab some fruit," I said, getting up because I was uncomfortable with all of the Avery talk. I went to the salad/fruit bar and grabbed a plate.

"Of course you're getting blueberries," a voice said next to me, I turned to see Cole. I gasped "hi! What are you doing here?" I asked excitedly "well I brought you lunch but it seems you've already gotten your food," he said, holding up a Wing Stop bag.

"Okay I'm gonna go tell them that I'm sitting with you," I told him. I hurried over to the table "I'm gonna go sit with Cole, I'll catch you later," I told everyone.

Cole and I sat at a smaller table and opened up our bags. "So what's up for the weekend?" He asked "oh nothing probably just sitting at home and eating, you?" I asked.

"Were actually going to this dance club, you wanna come?" He asked. Cole is 19 and is legal to get into clubs. "I'm only 17," I reminded him "it's fine, I know the manager," he said as if it was no big deal.

Avery

As I sat with Riley and her annoying cheer friends, I looked over to see Khadi sitting and laughing with Cole. I clenched my fist and rolled my eyes. Of course he would try to take advantage.

Why is he here? He doesn't even go here. The bell rang for the end of lunch, they stood up before he hugged her tightly. It sucks though because I know he actually deserves to be with her.

I got up from the table and threw my plate away before briskly leaving the cafe. I don't know how long I can keep this up... I love Khadi and I'd rather she know the truth and hate me for that rather than me being anymore miserable with Riley.