seventy four

I sat at Riley's desk doing my homework. She came to sat in my lap and tried to kiss me "what are you doing, I have to finish my trig," I said, annoyed.

"Come on babe lets have some fun," she said, grabbing my pencil. "Just stop okay," I said sternly "I'm sitting here with a better body and willing to do whatever you want and you're still thinking about her?!" She said annoyed.

I pushed her off "first of yall don't say shit about her body, she's beautiful. Second, I really don't care what her body looks like and lastly, I love her, I actually love her and the reason I'm here with you now is because I don't wanna hurt her," I said.

She chuckled sarcastically "you've already done the damage Hansen just live with it," she said "she deserves some hurt in her life," she finished. "No she doesn't," I scolded.

"Look at her, she's friends with everyone, everyone lovesssss Khadi White," she said in a mocking tone. "Because she's kind hearted, you should try it sometimes," I said, getting up.

I grabbed my things and ran downstairs. Khadi should be at the park, we used to go everyone Friday and just vent about everything.

I parked two spaces away from her and got out. She sat on the bench quietly, I sat next to her "I'm sorry I didn't know you were coming here, I'll go," she said, getting up.

I grabbed her arm "please stay," I begged "I have to meet Cole in an hour I can't," she told me, I nearly puked at the sound of his name. "Please just stay, I have to tell you this, I know you're gonna hate me for it but I love you and you need to know the truth," I blurted. She turned her full attention to me as she sat down.

"So you know I went to Riley's party," I started, I looked into her gorgeous Hazel eyes and mentally slapped myself 79 times. How could I hurt someone so passionate, so beautiful as her? I really love this girl and I blew it. I sighed.

"And I got drunk and I ended up in Riley's room," I continued, tears started to spill from her eyes "and you two had sex," she concluded.

"Avery for someone who has been cheated on and has felt that pain you would think you would never do it," she said "I know baby, I messed up and it was a mistake, I don't love you any less" I said, trying to hold her hand.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" She asked "because she blackmailed me, she said if I didn't date her then she would tell you and I didn't want you to get hurt," I tried to justify my dumb reasoning.

"It's too late for that, Avery I can't do this, I can't be with you again," she said, getting up. I ran after her and stopped her "Khadi please don't, please don't do this to me," I cried.

"Avery I'm beyond hurt, there's a hole in my chest, I can't breathe, I can't take this." She said. "On top of that you told me it was all my fault for us breaking up, you said I was doing everything wrong and that made it worse," she yelled.

I want her to yell at me forever if it means I get to keep her. "You're not baby, you did everything perfectly and I love you for that, I'm sorry Khadi, I don't wanna lose you," I said.

"You already have," she said coldly before walking away. I fell to my knees, I don't wanna lose her, not like this.