twenty

August, Sammy, and Kameron were playing basketball outside while my sisters and I made dinner.

"Soooo dad's birthday is tomorrow, I was thinking we should surprise him at the company!" Kamille suggested. "Sounds good, we should embarrass him with a lot of food and pictures," I added.

"Lets act like we forgot his birthday and not call him then show up and surprise him!" Alissa squealed, everyone agreed. "Baby?!" Kalin yelled "in the kitchen!" I yelled back, a few seconds later he joined us in the kitchen, kissing my cheek.

"Did you pick up Myra and Khadi from Frankie's?" I asked "no, Myra texted to come get them at 5, where's Kam?" He asked. "Outside playing basketball," I told him before continuing to cook.

***

We set the food on the long dining room table before yelling for everyone to come downstairs. We all sat down and started to talk, laugh, etc.

After dinner me and Kalin went up to our room, Kameron following behind considering we didn't have enough guest rooms for everyone so he had to give his room up.

"Kam go grab some blankets from your closet and I'll grab you some pillows," I told him, pulling pillows off the bed.

We started lying layers of blankets on the floor for Kameron's bed for a few days. After 30 minutes it was finally soft enough to sleep on "goodnight babyboy," I said, kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight mom," he said, kissing my cheek. "Goodnight Son," Kalin yelled from the bed, he chuckled "goodnight dad," he said back.

I crawled into bed next to Kalin before wrapping my arms around him. He stroked my hair until I dozed off.

Next morning

I woke up earlier than everyone else to study for my upcoming 'teacher test' considering the school year starts in a few weeks.

I slowly walked downstairs with my laptop and sat on the couch. Before I started to study, I went into the kitchen and made coffee.

I sat down and put on my glasses before reading over the test material for an hour. Kalin finally came downstairs "good morning sweetheart, why are you up so early?" He asked.

"I'm studying," I answered before pecking his lips, he sat next to me laid on my shoulder. "You want me to make you breakfast before you go to work?" I asked, rubbing his arm.

"No baby I'm fine," he answered "I'm making you muffins Kalin you're not going to work hungry," I said, standing up.

"Alanaaaa I'm fine," he whined "nope, you're eating, go get dressed," I said hurrying into the kitchen.

I made 20 servings of banana nut muffins in 15 minutes. "Mmm something smells delicious!" Ivy said, coming into the kitchen with Arden behind her.

"Yep I made everyone muffins," I said, putting the last pan on the island. Kalin came in, I handed him 2 muffins and kissed him before he left.

Myra

Me and Khadi laid in bed watching Twilight New Moon. "Kameron had to sleep in mom and dad's room," Khadi said laughing.

"Why?" I asked "because Ivy and Tanner are in one room, Kamille and Sammy, August and Alissa are in all the guest rooms so Arden had to take Kam's room," she explained.

I chuckled "I'll be right back," I said getting up. I knocked on Alana and Kalin's door "Kameron?" I said through the door.

"Yea come in," he said raspily, I opened the door to him lying on a bunch of blankets while shirtless. He sat up "how's the floor?" I asked "actually comfortable," he said with sass.

"Myra...we really need to talk about everything you know that right?" He asked "yes Kameron I know I just don't want to ruin anything," I whined.

"We'll talk later, I promise," I added, he nodded.