twenty three

Week later

Kalin

I walked into me and Alana's room to hear sniffling in the bathroom. I followed the sound into the bathroom to see Alana with her knees pulled to her chest in the corner sobbing.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked, sitting in front of her and rubbing her leg. "Baby I'm so sorry," I could barely speak, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What happened?" I asked, she held out her left hand to show me her engagement and wedding ring weren't on her ring finger. I was confused "I lost them, I'm so sorry Kalin," she cried.

"No, no baby it's fine we can replace them," I told her, pushing her hair behind her ear. "You shouldn't have to replace them, you put so much time into it, making it perfect and I lost it," she said, clearly angry with herself.

"It's okay Alana I promise," I reassured her "but it's not Kalin, you used those rings to confess your love to me, to tell me you want to be with me for the rest of your life and I was so careless," she said.

"Baby those rings don't matter, they don't hold our marriage together. I love you whether you're wearing them or not, it's okay that you lost it, people make mistakes." I said.

"Kalin you should be so mad at me, I'm a horrible person. Yell at me, be mad, do something," she whined.

I chuckled "I'm not mad Alana, you've kept up with those rings for almost 16 years, it's okay," I said. "Kalin I love you so so so much I can't describe it. I'm so sorry for losing them," she said sincerely.

I pecked her lips "I love you too Alana. I'm gonna replace them tomorrow okay?" I told her, she nodded before I helped her up.