fifty seven

It was 7am when my alarm went off. My flight took off in an hour. Dad came into my room "honey get up!" He said "I'm up! I'm up!" I whined, rolling out of bed.

I put on Avery's hoodie, sweats, and jandals before grabbing my bags and heading downstairs. I left my curly hair down but I kept a scrunci on my wrist just in case.

"Here's your wallet, mom made sure it has everything you need in it, including your money so don't lose it," dad said, handing me my caramel Micheal Kors wallet.

"Why aren't you dressed? Aren't you taking me to the airport?" I asked "nope, someone already begged to do that," he said, closing the door. I turned around to see Avery standing in front of his Porsche with a smile.

I smiled wide as he walked toward me and pecked my lips. He grabbed my bags from my hands in the process "what a great way to start my morning," I said, pulling away, he chuckled before walking to his car.

He put my bags in the trunk before opening the passenger door for me, I hopped in and watched him run around the car and slide into the driver's seat.

I grabbed his hand as he drove with the other. "Are you sure you have everything?" He asked "yes babe, my mom checked my things twice, I'm good," I informed him.

"So are you ready to get your wisdom teeth out today?" I asked "no I'm actually kinda scared, is that bad?" He asked. "Of course not, it's oral surgery, but you'll be asleep so you won't feel a thing," I told him.

"Do you want me go in and wait with you?" He asked "no it's fine, go home and get some rest," I told him as he grabbed my bags out of the trunk.

He wrapped his arms around me "be safe Khadi," he said as the start of his long goodbye speech "I will," I said chuckling.

"Khadi I'm serious, be safe, call me when you get there, let me know how the competition goes," he said "yessir," I said.

"Okay give me a kiss," he said, I smiled before attaching my lips to his, he pulled away "most importantly, I love you, make sure you come back quickly," he whined.

I kissed him again "I will I promise, bye Avery," I said, pulling away from his safe grip. "Bye my love," he said as I walked away.

I looked back at him again as he watched me walk away, I just want to snatch him and take him with me. I blew a kiss before heading into the airport. I got checked in and headed to my gate.

Once I made it there, all of the boys on our varsity football team were spread around the room with Coach Karp. "Khadi!" They all said looking at me.

"Hey guys! What a coincidence we're all taking the same flight," I said, they all laughed. I sat next to Kass "so what are you going to Atlanta for?" He asked.

"I have a dance competition," I answered "with the team?" He asked "no, I dance for another crew outside of school," I explained.

"Nicee," he said, we snapped a picture. I posted it on Snapchat with the caption

Look who I ran into at the airport !

"Flight 201 to Atlanta, Georgia is now boarding," the woman over the intercom said, we all got up. "Hey I think our seats are on the same row," Kass pointed out, I looked at his ticket.

"Someone's between us," I said as we walked through the cool terminal and into the plane. We took a seat on the 15th row of the plane, and old lady sat between us.

"Hey do you mind if we switch seats? I want to sit by my friend," I asked politely, she looked over at Kass who smiled at her. "Ohh I see, young kids in love go ahead," she said, we chuckled as I moved to the middle and sat between Kass and the woman.

"So where are you staying?" He asked "the Loews Atlanta hotel in think," I answered, his eyes widened. "Were staying there too," he said, I chuckled "maybe you guys can link up with me during the downtime," I suggested .

"Sounds cool," he said with a smile. We both put on our headphones as the flight procedures started.

I woke up on Kass's shoulder once the 4 hour flight was over, I cracked my neck as I sat up. "Kass! Kass! Wake up we're here," I told him, he opened his eyes and stood up.

We all hopped off the plane and into the airport. Atlanta's airport was huge, it looked like a mall. "Okay see you guys at the hotel, I have to go get my rental car," I told the team, they all waved goodbye as I walked away.

I instantly dialed Avery's number as I took an escalator downstairs.

Hey babe I just landed

A- that's great, was the flight okay?

Yea, I actually sat next to Kass. It turns out your team is staying at the same hotel as me

A-good! You're not there by yourself at least

Yea I guess

A- okay I'm heading into the dentist office now, I'll call you tomorrow

Okay bye good luck! I love you

A- I love you too bye