Forty

After buying me Chick-Fil-A, Avery finally dropped me off at home. He kissed me goodbye before I hopped out.

I instantly sprinted upstairs and into Myra'a room "he finally asked me to be his girlfriend!!" I squealed, she gasped.

"Finally!!!! You said yes right?" She asked, I nodded quickly, she hugged me. "Yes bitch!! You boo'd up now," she said, I chuckled.

"Okay well I'm gonna go hop in the shower, I desperately need to wash my hair," I informed her, she nodded before I left.

Next morning

"So you and Avery are finally dating?" Mom asked as we turned into the school parking lot "yes he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday," I answered.

"Aw baby you deserve it! You two are perfect for each other and you deserve to be happy," mom said with a smile, I hugged her before we got out.

"I'm gonna head to my locker then I'll come to your room," I told my mom and Myra before breaking away from them.

I stopped at my locker to see a rose with a note attached to it.

Good morning beautiful,

I' can't wait to see you in 2nd period<3

-A.H. <3

I smiled from ear to ear, he's so sweet. "Who's this from?" My best friend, Elise asked. "Avery," I answered, she gasped "Avery Hansen?!" She asked.

I nodded "aww Khadi yes!!!" She cheered as she hugged me, I chuckled. " okay I have to get to my mom's, I'll see you in 3rd," I said, walking away.

After school

"Hey babe, can I snatch you for a few hours?" Avery asked from the doorway of my mom's classroom. My heart skipped a beat at babe. "Sure Avery, just have her home by 7, we have dinner, you can join us if you want," mom said.

"I will Mrs.White, thank you for letting me take her," he said, grabbing my hand. "Bye mom I love you," I said as he pulled me out the door "so where are we going babe?" I asked, he instantly paused.

He stopped so quickly that I tumbled into him, he smiled "mm the way you called me babe," he said, I chuckled before he started to pull me again.

"I'm taking you to meet my parents," he answered, nearly shoving me into the passenger seat. Oh gosh. Already?! "I'm the worst at first impressions!!" I whined "just be yourself, they'll love you I promise," he said.

"Sorry in advance. I haven't really been with a girl for a while so they might be a little weird," he said, I nodded.

We pulled up a beautiful, almost fully glass house.

He grabbed my hand and walked me into the house.

"Mom?! Dad?!" He yelled "here we come!" A soft woman's voice yelled back. After a few seconds his parents came into the room.

His dad looked at 6'5 with brown hair and blue eyes, Avery looked just like him in a younger version. His mom stood at about 5'9 with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Khadi, Khadi this is my mom and dad, Sarah and Joe Hansen," he said, they both smiled at me before giving me a hug.

"Oh Avery she's beautiful," his mom said "thank you, you're very gorgeous yourself," I said back, she smiled. "I tell her that everyday," Avery pointed out.

"Karson! Honey come meet your brother's girlfriend!" His dad yelled "in a second! I'm playing Call of Duty!!" He yelled loudly.

Sarah rolled her eyes "I'm sorry about his rudeness, teens these days," she said as she rolled her eyes, I chuckled.

"I'm in the middle of baking cupcakes for this business event, you wanna help?" She asked "my mom is a chef," Avery informed me.

"Oh I doubt you'd want me to help, the house would be in ashes, but I can sit and watch for tips!" I suggested, they all laughed.

She nodded "I'll come get you a little later, she gets obnoxious when she meets new people," Avery whispered, I lightly hit his arm as he chuckled.

I followed Sarah into their perfect modern kitchen. There were about 10 trays of cupcake pans out "I'll get you an apron, you can help me mix," she suggested, I nodded.

We started the mix as she talked to me "I'm so glad you're here! Averys such a good boy, he plays multiple sports, keeps straight As, he's a good brother, and still manages to be respectful and nice to people. He deserves a nice girl like you as a reward for everything he's achieved," she said, I smiled.

Suddenly there was a ball thrown into the kitchen. Avery and a dirty blonde haired boy came in wrestling. "Tap out? Tap out?" Avery said arrogantly, the boy rolled his eyes before hitting the counter three times.

Avery released him "I'll get you next time Avery," he boy said, sounding determined. "Boys, what'd I say about playing in the kitchen?" Sarah said, sounding playfully annoyed.

"Sorry mom," they said in sync, I smiled. "Karson this is my girlfriend Khadi, Khadi this is my little brother Karson," Avery said to us.

"Hey Karson," I said with a smile, his eyes widened "bro she's a babe," he said, trying to whisper, Avery chuckled. "Yea I know bud," he responded, I chuckled quietly. "Finally I get to meet you! Avery talks about you 24/7," he said rolling his eyes "okaayy buddy how about you go back to your room and play your game," he suggested as he held his shoulders, I chuckled.

"So what are you ladies up to?" Avery said, sitting at the bar "were making bunches of cupcakes for my event remember?" Sarah reminded him. "Oh yea, I'm gonna snatch Khadi in a few minutes if you don't mind," he stated.

"Whaaat? No!!! I finally have a girl in the house!!" Sarah whined, I chuckled as I carefully mixed the batter. "Mooooommm she's myyyy girlfriend," he mimicked "oh fine, but next time she's all mine!" Sarah said, they shook hands.

I laughed at the fact that they were arguing over me. I followed Avery upstairs and into his room. It was all white with a simple queen sized bed against the wall, a 60' tv on the wall, and a desk with an IMac and MacBook on its surface.

He also had a bathroom connected. He sat on the bed before pulling me with him, he kissed my nose before lying down. I smiled at him as I sat against the headboard, he laid in my lap, but making sure his head faced me.

"Did you get my rose this morning?" He asked, I smiled at the thought "yessir I did, it was very thoughtful and made my day for sure," I told him, he smiled.

I gradually started to run my hand through his hair "so Myra wants me to go to Bryson's frat party with her," I told him, he raised up.

"You shouldn't go, those guys are bad news Khadi," he said sternly "I probably what wasn't gonna go anyway, it was a suggestion," I assured him.

"So when do I get to see you dance?" He asked, lying his head on my inner thigh again as I ran my hand through his soft hair.

"Well I have a competition in a few weeks, but you're probably busy," I told him. "No, no I'm never too busy for you," he said sincerely "just give me a time and a date and I'll be there for you," he said.