forty two

School next day

I stood at my locker organizing my books before someone put their hands over my eyes. "Guess who!" The familiar voice said "Avery." I guessed "wow! A psychic too?!" He said sarcastically.

"Babe where were you last night? I wanted to bring you some of my mom's brownies," I lied "oh I was watching the game with my dad," he lied.

"Wow Avery, how could you lie straight to my face?!" I asked "what?" He asked 'confused.' "I saw you with a girl, you were making out with her, you rejected my call, you just lied to me about going, and you're the one who told me not to go!" I said, annoyed.

"Why would you go if I told you it was bad news?" He asked "Myra forced me to go with her, but that's not the point Avery! You kissed her and you lied," I said, starting to cry because of my anger.

"You know I thought I wasn't good enough for you and now you've really proved it to me. I don't think we can do this," I said, shutting my locker.

"Please just hear me out. I was drunk, I could barely see anything. I didn't want you to be at a frat party anyway," he said.

"I don't like liars Avery. I have to go," I said, he pulled me back. "Khadi please. I've never wanted someone as much as I want you. I just want you Khadi, I don't care about other girls, she didn't mean anything to me," he explained.

"Whatever Avery I have to go," I said, walking away, he grabbed my arm again. "Please let me come over later so we can finish this," he begged "fine," I agreed before briskly walking away.

I swiped my tears away before entering 1st period.

***

I sat at my desk finishing up the history essay I was supposed to do yesterday. My room door suddenly opened, Avery stood in my room with flowers and a Chick-Fil-A bag.

He smiled hopefully, I fought to keep my grin back as he came toward me. He bent down to look up at me "Khadi I know I messed up and I'm sorry, but Khadi I don't care about anyone else but you babe. I'm sorry that I lied to you and I'm sorry that I kissed her, just please forgive me I won't hurt you again I promise Khadi. I hate that you think that you're not good enough for me because you are, you're sooo perfect and I don't deserve you. I want this so much, I want us to work," he said, holding my hand.

I whined because he was proving such a great point and I couldn't say no. He has such a sweet voice that could get me to do anything. "Okay Avery, I forgive you," I gave in. He smiled before kissing my hand then my cheek.

"While you're here, do you mind helping me with history? I'm stuck and I don't know what to do for my conclusion paragraph," I told him before getting up and grabbing the Chick-Fil-A he brought me.

He sat down in my seat before reading it, I headed back over to him with my chicken tenders before sitting in his lap. He wrapped his arm around my waist as he continued to read.

"It looks good Khadi, I'd probably just edit the last sentence," he said, I laid my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked "yesss, I haven't slept a lot lately," I whined, he chuckled. "Come on let's go to bed," he said picking me up. He slowly laid me down in bed before standing hp.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked "I'll stay as long as you want, but I'm gonna finish your paragraph really quick," he answered.

I slowly closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.