fifty eight

"Okay your car is waiting for you outside," the guy at the counter said, handing me the keys. I went outside to the parking lot to a grey Camaro greeting me.

I hopped into the car and headed to my hotel. Once I was assigned my room I took the elevator and unpacked my stuff in my room before getting dressed.

I grabbed my wallet and headed out, I bumped into Kass. "Hey let's hang out!" He suggested "sure, I'm on my way out now," I told him as we stepped into the elevator.

"So what are we up to today?" He asked "I have to stop at the dance venue to register, the jewelry store, and the mall," I answered "sounds good," he said.

We made it to the parking garage and stopped at my car "woah! Your dad rented you a Camaro! Sweet," he said, hopping in the passenger seat.

We decided to go to the mall and the dance venue first, we pulled up at the Pandora jewelry store.

I picked up a Georgia peach charm. "I think I want to get an engravement," I told the lady at the counter "what kind?" She asked. "A small, gold curved rectangle that says Avery," I answered.

"Okay it should take about 30 minutes," she said as I paid. I sat next to Kass as he typed on his phone "oh Myra," he said chuckling.

I smiled, I love that she's happy for once with a distraction like Kass. Once they they were done with the engravement I added it to my necklace, it hung next to the rose.

We grabbed some Chinese food before heading back to the hotel. We went up to my room and went in before we started eating.

"So why hasn't Avery had a girlfriend in a while?" I asked, he sighed "he's gonna kill me, but I guess you need to know," he said, I listened curiously.

"He was in love with this girl Kelsey last year, he loved her almost as much as he loves you," he started. "She cheated on him with one of his former best friends but you know Avery, he forgave her but he was hurt...so much. She ended up moving away the next week," he explained.

"So they never really broke up?" I asked "technically, no, but we helped him get over it. He's liked you for a while and we've been telling him to go for him and he finally did an we're glad he did. You're making him happy Khadi and he deserves that," he said sincerely.

We sat on the bed "so he never really let her go?" I asked "Khadi that doesn't matter, he loves you a lot, don't worry about her," he assured me.

"He tells me you're always insecure about being with him. Just know that he doesn't think he's good enough for you, he thinks you're too perfect for him an that'll you'll be the one to break up with him," he admitted.

I was surprised at everything he was telling me "I wouldn't do that Kass, I love him as much as he loves me and if not, more. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I wouldn't leave him. I hate that he thinks that way," I said back.

"Just show him that Khadi and you'll be fine," he said "I do Kass, I tell him I love him everyday, I always spend time with him, everyday Kass," I said.

"It's okay Khadi you're doing good and he's happy, don't stress he just overthinks," he said. "Is there anything I should know about Myra?" He asked.

"She's fragile Kass. She didn't come from a good background like we did, her dad's in prison and her mom left her. We adopted her because we love her and waned her to have a better life with us. She's so strong Kass you can't hurt her, she doesn't have enough energy to suffer through a heartbreak," I said.

"Wow. Khadi I won't hurt her, just know that I will always be there for her," he said.

We stayed up all night just talking "oh my, it's 12, I'm gonna get back to my room for the big game tomorrow," he said, getting up. "Yea I have to get up for my competition tomorrow, bye Kass," I said as he left.

I opened Instagram to check my feed, I saw that Avery tagged me in a picture

@averyhansen: I miss you baby girl :(

I double tapped before posting a picture

@khadiwhite: I miss you more ❤️