eleven

Alana

"Alright children let's go to school," I yelled from downstairs. Kameron, Khadi, and Myra raced downstairs, barely stopping in front of me.

"Anxious much," I said "it's the last week of school duh," Khadi answered, walking past me. "You're letting us throw a pool party on Friday right?" Kam asked.

"I'll think about it," I answered, locking the door. "But mom we have to get out invitations by tomorrow!" He whined as I hopped in the passenger seat.

"Kameron that's like 70 kids in my house to babysit," I groaned. "But mom you're a teacher so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus we're 10th graders, we can take care of ourselves," Kameron begged.

"Fine, but all 3 of you have to clean up afterward," I said sternly "yes!" They cheered. "Actually nope, let's run this by your dad and see what he says," I said evilly.

They all whined as I dialed his number on the car phone.

Hey babe, what's up?

So the Khadi, Myra, and Kameron want to throw a pool party on the last day of school

Is that so?

Yep. They want to invite most of the grade and I told them it was up to you

*laughs* nice play babe

I know, I try

Well normally I would say no, but I guess it's fine as long as they clean up the mess and provide all the food

Kameron: what? How are we supposed to buy that much food?

Oh you expected me and your mom to provide food. Were providing the house, the pool, the air in the house, the electricity, the water for the pool, we provide the transportation for you to get the food, oh and did I mention that we provided you with life? You're complaining about buying the food.

Alana: *laughs*

Kam: fine dad we can play your game

Kalin: great! I love you guys, bye.

"Well at least we can throw the party," Myra said "see, look, at least Myra sees the positivity," I said, Khadi and Kameron rolled their eyes.

"Alright bye kids, love you guys!" I said as they hopped out of the car.

Kameron

"I have to go talk to Mrs. Fitzgerald," Khadi said, walking away from me and Myra. "So who are you gonna invite?" I asked "I don't know, I'm just gonna hand out invites," she answered.

"Hey Myra, let's hang tonight," Kyson Baker asked from behind us. She smiled "sure, can I leave with you?" Myra asked "that'd be fine, it'll be fun," he said winking.

I rolled my eyes. "Myra do not go home with him," I said annoyed "last time I checked, you're not my parent," she snapped. "I'm just saying, he's a totally douche," I said.

"I don't have time for you to judge me," she said before walking away, I sighed.