ninety five

Soooo sorry for keeping y'all waiting, I had writers block. I wrote like 15 chapters a long time ago I just didn't know how to tie them into the story rn. But anyway happy reading !

Monday

My alarm rang around 9am, Avery had already left for work at 8. He left me a pink post-it note on my nightstand that read:

Good luck today, I love you
-your fiancé

A simple note like this from Avery has already made my day. I pulled back the covers before getting up and making the bed, it was usually my job anyway because Avery leaves me before I wake up.

I went into the bathroom and did my hygienes before getting dressed.

I grabbed my keys and purse before driving 15 minutes to the Burke building

I grabbed my keys and purse before driving 15 minutes to the Burke building. I swiped my ID card before heading to my desk outside of Ryder's office.

As I sat down, he looked up at me from his desk (his office door was open). He waves for me to come in, I put my stuff down before walking into his office.

"Well happy first day," he said as I sat down "thanks, is there anything you need for me to do?" I asked. "Well I do want you to look over these transcripts. A few college students have applied for a paid internship here but I can only allow 2, so I had them write a little," he answered.

"So you read over them and let me know who I should chose, 20 applied, is this okay?" He asked. "Of course! You're my boss, I'm here to do what you tell me," I answered.

He smiled "okay then you should be a great assistant then. You have a two hour lunch at 12:30 and here's my office number in case I need to reach you," he said.

I grabbed the stack of papers before heading back to my desk. My phone vibrated, it was a text from Avery

Is everything okay?

K- yes babe everything's fine. Can I come eat with you for lunch? I have a two hour lunch period

Yes, could you bring me some food, I forgot to grab my lunch this morning

K-yessir I'll be there around 1

Thanks love I'll see you then ❣️

I put down my phone before I began to read over the essays.

College loans.....apartment....new car

Most of them were repetitive and annoying, but 3 stood out. They talked about their joy for writing and how it makes them feel.

I knocked on his door "come in," he yelled, I quickly jogged to his desk.

"You have to chose these 3! I know you said 2 but read them, they're perfect for the internship Ryd-Mr.Burke you have to read them!" I rambled, he chuckled.

"I trust you, I'll hire them," he said "really?" I asked "yea Khadi, I know you have a good eye for writing so I'll take your word," he answered.

I smiled "so what are their names?" He asked "uh...Sandra Gallagher, Henry Cutkoski, and Fiona Price," I answered.

Later
Lunch w Avery

"So he really hired them because you told him they were great?" He asked as he popped a fry in his mouth. "Yes, he said he trusted me because I have a good eye for writing," I answered "yea...that's why he trusted you," he said sarcastically.

"Avery what's wrong? I really like this job," I told him "I just don't like that your boss is someone you used to sleep with," he answered.

I sighed "but Avery it's not like that anymore," I assured him "yea, it's not. I have to get back to work I'll see you at home," he said before getting up.