one hundred one

"Well maybe you shouldn't have told me about it," I scolded "well maybe I shouldn't have married you," he countered.

I froze "I can't believe you said that," I said before running downstairs. I grabbed my keys and opened the door before Avery grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me from the back.

"I didn't mean it," he said into my hair as he hugged me tightly "I have to go," I said, yanking away from his grip.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I opened the door, I stepped into the hallway and started walking. "I won't follow you I promise, I just need to know where you are," he pleaded.

"Myra's," I said as I continued to walk. I hopped into my car and closed the doors before buckling myself in. I began to cry as I drove down the road to Myra and Kass's house.

I called her

M: hey lovebug what's up?

Can I stay over for a few days?

M: are you crying ?

Yes....me and Avery had a fight and I just need to get away for a while

M: of course come over and stay as long as you need

Thank you so much Myra

M: no problem babe come over

I hung up before parking my car in the parking garage of her condo. I headed up to the 6th floor before knocking on her door.

She opened the door seconds later before pulling me into a hug and closing the door. I cried into her shoulder "come on let's talk about it," she said, sitting on the couch.

"Where's Kass?" I asked "he's at the grocery store picking up some sodas," she answered. I explained the whole situation in five minutes.

"Aw babe it's okay. He was just angry and spoke without thinking, he didn't mean it," she said as she hugged me. "I know Myra but what if it wasn't just anger, what it had some truth to it? We've been together for a long time what if he is starting to regret it?" I explained.

"Honey don't think like that, I've never seen anyone love someone as much as Avery loves you, it was a mistake," she said.

"I just want to be away from him for a while is that okay?" I asked "yes of course, you can stay in the guest room and I'll get you some clothes," she said as she stood up.

Once she gave me a stack of clothes, I went into the guest bathroom and took a long shower. I tied my hair up before heading into the living room where Kass and Myra stood together.

He smiled down at her before kissing her lips "I love you so much," he whispered to her. "Hey sis, how's it going?" Kass said, coming over to me.

"Hey Kass," I simply said back "we were gonna watch movies, wanna join?" He asked. "No I'm just gonna head to bed, you guys have fun," I said before going into the guest room.

I laid down before picking my phone up, I had a text, missed call, and voicemail from Avery.

Avery

Baby I'm truly sorry, I promise I didn't mean it. I love you, I love you so much please come home to me.

I began to listen to the voicemail, he sniffled and cried as he said

Khadi I didn't mean to say what I said, marrying you was the best choice I've made in my life. You are truly beautiful and I wouldn't trade you for the world, you are my everything babygirl. Please, please come home

I put my phone on the nightstand before pulling the covers over my head.

Next day

After breakfast and coffee with Myra I decided to go home and grab clothes. Avery should be at work right now according to his schedule.

I unlocked the door and headed upstairs. Avery laid asleep on his side of the bed, why is he home? I crept into the closet and grabbed a few outfits. I slowly laid them out on the bed, Avery stirred around in his sleep.

He reached over to my side and called my name in his sleep. I hurried and grabbed my hygienic products and put them into a bag.

He opened his eyes "Khadi," he said raspily as he sat up. "I didn't know you'd be here, I just had to come grab some things," I said before picking my bag up.

"I'm on an extended lunch, but please stay," he whined "I can't, I have to go," I said sternly. "But I've taken off my shirt and you know I'm gonna need your help fixing my tie," he said.

"Come on, just stay and talk to me please," he said as he sat on the end of the bed and gently grabbed my arm.

My phone rang in my back pocket, it was Myra saving me from quickly forgiving Avery. He sighed before letting my arms go, I answered.

M: Kass told me that Avery was on an extended lunch so I'm calling you just in case you run into him and it gets awkward

K: *laughs* wow you're right on time, you're right I do need to leave now

M: *laughs* I love us

K: okay I'll be right there

I hung up. Avery looked up at me "and you have to go," he said, annoyed, I nodded. "When are you coming home?" He asked "I don't know," I answered as I headed downstairs.

He followed me "Khadi I want you home, come on so we can talk about this," he whined. "Were married, you can't just run off when I make you mad, we need to figure this out," he said.

"Make me mad? You didn't make me mad you told me you wished you hadn't married me and you think I should just forget about that and move on?!" I said.

"But I didn't mean it," he countered, I rolled my eyes "whatever I have to go," I said before grabbing my bag and leaving.