seventeen

Next morning
Kameron

I went downstairs to get another ice pack for my eye until I heard sniffling. I walked into the guest room hall where the sound was louder.

I stepped into the room to see Myra on the floor crying with a note in her hand.

She looked up at me before handing me the note. I read it:

Myra,

I can't take care of you, you don't deserve to have me as an excuse of a mother. I'm sorry about everything I had to leave. These people can take care of you, they love you, they can love you more than I can.

I dropped the note and pulled her into my arms. "Myra I'm so sorry," I said into her hair "no one wants me, I'm a fucking screw up," she cried.

"Myra don't say that. You're not, we all love you," I said, trying to comfort her. "Where am I gonna stay? I'm a homeless orphan," she cried, pulling away.

"Myra we can take you in, my parents aren't gonna let that happen," I said "no please don't tell them about this, I've asked for too much from them," she said, I nodded.

Of course I wasn't gonna do that. She laid in bed as I ran my fingers through her hair as she fell asleep.

I grabbed the note and took it upstairs to my parents. My mom read over it with her mouth dropped to the floor. She looked at dad before handing him the note, he looked back at her after reading it.

"Were gonna talk about it, go downstairs," mom said, handing back the note. I nodded before heading downstairs.

Kalin

"Kalin we should take her in," Alana suggested "that's a lot of paperwork and time, plus her parents have to sign stuff" I said "I know, but Kalin this is Myra, Khadi's best friend. She's not some girl, she deserves a better home environment, we have the space and money," she said.

"Okay, maybe we can talk to some lawyers about this," I said "okay," she said.