thirty five

Khadi

I stood at my locker, trying to grab my history textbook before someone appeared behind my locker door. I closed my locker to reveal Avery Hansen, the cutest guy in school! I have most of my classes with him but he's never really acknowledged me.

"Hey...Khadi i think you're gorgeous and I've had a crush on you for a while and I was wondering if you....you wanted to go out sometime?" He asked nervously. I nodded "of course, here's my number, just text me when you wanna link!" I said, writing down my number.

"Great! Thank you," he said before walking away. I squealed.

Myra

"You're going on a date with Avery Hansen?! How?" I asked excitedly "he never dates anyone!!" I finished. "I don't know, he just came up to me and called me gorgeous and said he's had a crush on me for a while," Khadi answered.

"But it feels too good to be true Myra. He's gorgeous, straight A student, and he plays 3 sports! I'm just me," she said, discouraged.

"Khadi you're beautiful what the fuck. You have a gorgeous personality, you dance and play soccer, and just because you don't get straight As doesn't mean you're not smart. Don't lower yourself, you're more than good enough for any guy you want," I said.

She smiled before hugging me "oh I love you Myra," she said into my hair. "I love you too, now let's pick out your outfit for tomorrow," I said, going into her closet.