one hundred twelve

We rushed around our room, getting ready for dinner at Darla and David's. Darla decided to host a dinner for all of the detectives and their wives. Oh and Chief Swan will be there.

It's a formal event so all of the wives get to put on one of the dresses they haven't had anywhere to wear to. I decided to put on my light purple dress Avery bought me last year.

"You look gorgeous," Avery said, latching my necklace around my neck

"You look gorgeous," Avery said, latching my necklace around my neck. I turned around and fixed his tie. He wore his light purple button up with black jeans and Sperrys. We were matching.

"Babe when did you get this shirt, I love it!!" I squealed, he chuckled "you actually brought it home for me one day," he answered. "Wow I did good! You look so yummy!" I said before kissing him.

I grabbed my purse before we left. Avery opened the passenger door and helped me into the seat before running around the truck and hopping into the driver's seat.

5 minutes later

"Just shut your fucking mouth Khadi and stop worrying about things that don't have anything to do with you," Avery snapped. "Okay I'm sorry," I said, turning my head to look out the window.

"Hey I'm sorry," he said, I nodded. He reached over and softly grabbed my face from the bottom. "I love you," he said, briskly looking over at me "okay," I said back. "Oh so you don't love me?" He asked sarcastically.

"Oh look we're here," I said before reaching for the door handle, he locked the doors. "Kiss me," he said, pulling my face toward him, I quickly pecked his lips before getting out of the car.

I heard him groan as we walked toward the house. Before I could ring the doorbell, Darla opened it "Khadi, Avery! Hello come in!" She said excitedly.

I hugged her "all of the wives are in the den, the men are in the dining room, and food and liquor are in the kitchen," she said, I nodded.

Avery kissed my temple "are you okay to go off with the wives by yourself?" He whispered. "I'm a big girl hubby," I said before following Darla.

"Honestly all of them are huge gossips so don't tell them anything. I just tolerate them because they're David's friend's wives so we can just stick together," Darla told me before we walked into the den.

"Hey ladies," I said, walking in "you must be Avery Hansen's wife," a lady with a long, red dress said as she stood up. "Yes, I'm Khadi," I said, shaking her hand "and I'm Kara Diaz," she said.

"Look at that rock!" Another woman said before standing up and snatching my hand. "Well it isn't as nice as mine, my lovebug went to the mountains and dug it up himself," the lady in the red dress spoke again, oh I mean Kara.

I quickly grabbed a drink before sitting down at the mini bar on the opposite side of the den. Darla came and sat next to me "she's a bitch isn't she? She's detective Diaz's wife and she is a piece of work. You didn't hear this from me but Avery and I were working late night the other day and Diaz brought some girl into his office," she whispered.

I gasped "no!" I yelped "yes! We both looked and kept working, awkward right? But she's bragging about that rock on her hand all the time," She said before sipping her champagne.

The men spilled into the den with us "hello beautiful ladies, were here to join you for the rest of the night," David said as he sat next to Darla.

Avery stood behind me as I sat and rested his hand on my waist. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked in my ear "that's to be decided. What did you guys do?" I asked. "Eh we just talked about police stuff yunno," he answered.

The rest of the night consisted of jokes and crazy stories from down at the station. Avery and I hopped in the car and began to drive home.

"The silent treatment? Come on I said I was sorry Khadi," he whined "I just feel like you treat me like shit sometimes," I admitted.

"What? What does that mean?" I asked "you talk to me any kind of way, you cuss and yell at me like I'm someone random, I'm your wife," I told him.

"I'm sorry I let the temper get the best of me sometimes but you know I love you and I don't mean the things I say when I'm angry," he said.

"It seems like you're always angry with me," I pointed out "because sometimes you piss me off. I love you very much but you piss me off on the daily Khadi. You butt in, you take things into your own hands, you try to fight my battles. But that's why I love you, I get annoyed with you but I'm never angry. You show me how much you love me everyday even if I don't like it. But I do love you and I'm sorry that I always yell and make you cry. I hate it, that look you get when I say something hurtful because I know I don't deserve you and that you could leave me. I'm sorry for everything I've said to you that has made you question my love. I do, I do love you so so so much," he said sincerely.

He parked in the garage before looking over at me "will you kiss me now?" He asked. I leaned in and pushed my lips against his, after a few minutes of passionate kissing I pulled away and looked at him.

"And I love you," I told him.