nine

"Children!" I yelled, they all met me in the kitchen. "Whats up mom?" Kam asked "so dads gonna be staying in the guest house," I said.

"Why?" Khadi asked "because this is his house too and I don't want him to have to pay for a hotel," I said. "Okay well why doesn't he go stay with someone?" Kameron asked.

"Because he doesn't have to, I don't need to justify why your dad, the co-owner of this house, gets to stay in the guest house. And let's have a talk about what you two said to him when he visited," I said angrily.

"You don't ever talk to him the way you did. He is your father and an adult. He already feels horrible about the whole situation and you guys tell him you hate him!" I said, raising my voice.

"Mom, he hit you, that should be a perfect excuse," Khadi said. "I'm an adult. I don't need your help to defend me, that's my job, you understand?" I asked.

They nodded "alright that's it," I said, dismissing them. I watched as Kalin's Range Rover pulled into the driveway, he went down and parked on the side of the house, in front of the gate that led to the backyard before getting out.

I walked away from the window and went upstairs into our room. After my shower, I laid in bed staring at the ceiling.