eighty four

I was finally done with finals and ready to go back home to Cali for our few weeks break. My phone buzzed on my nightstand, it was mom:

Hey mom what's up?

Mom: Dad's picking you up from the airport just text him when you land

Okay that's fine, I'm kinda still packing

Mom: 4 years of college and you still haven't gotten it together oh my child

Yep that's me!

Mom: So Sarah tells me Avery's coming back too

That doesn't matter mom, we've moved on and I'm with Ryder

Mom: sure, keep telling yourself that sweetheart

Okay mom I have to go see you later!

I hung up and slipped my phone into my back pocket. I grabbed my suitcases and rolled them downstairs and into the lobby.

"Have a safe trip Miss.Khadi," the receptionist said, I smiled "when I get back tell me all about time with Kaden," I told her, she nodded.

I caught a taxi to the airport. Once I went through security, I took a seat at my gate and waited to be boarded. After 30 minutes we were finally allowed to board the plane, I took my seat by the window and closed my eyes, this was gonna be a long flight.

*

I opened my eyes to an empty plane and a flight attendant standing over me. "Oh sorry, I fell asleep!" I said, quickly getting up. I texted my dad before pulling my carry on out of the top storage.

As I walked through the terminal the warm Cali air breezes through. I stepped into the LAX airport before walking to baggage claim.

I went outside and sat on a bench before dad pulled up in front of me. He got out of the car and I ran to him "dad I missed you!" I squealed as I hugged him tightly "I missed you too," he said as he put me down. He put my bags in the trunk as I hopped in the truck.

Karlie sat in her car seat "hey babygirl!!" I said as she looked at me "sissy!" She said, giving me a hug.

Dad hopped in the driver's seat and pulled off. My baby sister is 5 now, I haven't seen her since last year. "So Myra lands tomorrow and Kameron is on his way from Cal now," dad informed me.

"This should be fun! It'll be like old times," I said excitedly. We finally pulled into the garage and got out. Mom stood in the kitchen on the phone as she stirred pasta.

She looked at me before gasping "oh my beautiful babygirl you're home!" She said, gripping my waist tightly. "Okay Sarah, I'll call you back in a few, Khadi's here!" She said into the phone before hanging up.

"My my my Khadi you've changed so much!!" She whined "my first babygirl is all gone up!" She said as she still gripped me. "What about me mommy?" Karlie said, hugging her leg.

"Oh you too sweetheart, you're the prettiest princess I've ever seen," mom said, kissing her forehead. "Mom you still look so great, I swear you don't age!" I pointed out, she chuckled.

"Lots of juice cleansing and working out," she admitted "so the Hansen's are coming over tomorrow for dinner," mom announced.

"That's great! I can't wait to see Sarah, Joe, and Karson! I bet he's gotten so big I can't believe he's 16 now!" I squealed. "And Avery sweetheart, Avery's coming too," she added.

"Mom I don't have feelings for him anymore it's okay!" I said annoyed "I'm gonna go to my room," I said, getting up.

I skipped upstairs and into my old bedroom, it looked exactly the same but with a white comforter on the bed. I hopped in the shower before heading to bed.