twelve

Myra's been giving me hell all day. "Okay I'm sorry about earlier," I said, standing behind her locker door as she grabbed her books.

"Okay," she said, closing her locker, I grabbed her arm. She furrowed her eyebrows "I'm sorry," I repeated "okay I forgive you," she said, loosening up.

I let her arm go before walking away. "What was that about?" Khadi asked "nothing, I said something stupid earlier," I answered, she nodded.

"Sorry, but I invited Amelia," she said "you did what?! Why?!" I asked annoyed. "She was begging so I said yes," she answered.

Amelia is obsessed with me and still angry that I turned her down in 7th grade. I rolled my eyes.

"You know mom and dad were in the guest house together last night," I stated "how do you know that?" Khadi asked. "I was sneaking food last night and I saw her sneaking out there," I answered.

"Sneaking? She's a grown woman and it's her house. I'm glad her and dad are figuring things out," she snapped.

"Yes I like our parents together, but dad hit her and I don't want him to do it again, I thought you'd agree with me on this," I fired back.

"I'm not saying I don't agree with you, but they're happy together and they're our parents," she said. I hummed in agreement.