New Girl

Scott's POV

"Hey buddy." Stiles greeted as he picked me up to drive us to school.

"Hey Stiles."

"We're getting a new kid, you know. I saw her yesterday and she's really hot. Not as hot as Lydia but you know, no one can ever be as hot as Lydia."

"What does she look like?"

"Long blond hair, these really cool green eyes." We pulled up in front of the school, both of us groaning at the thought of school.

"Hey, I saw a girl with blond hair last night. She was moving into the house next door."

"Dude, you saw a hot blond chick and didn't call me right away?"

"For what? So you could come over and stare at her? It was really late anyway. They came at like, midnight."

We started walking up the steps into the school, frowning. We stopped by our lockers and then left for class. We took seats in the back, as always.

Then the world seemed to slow down.

She walked in, on her phone. Her long blond hair was swept forward into her face, creating a curtain.

"Dude." I muttered, grabbing Stiles' arm.

He looked up, his jaw dropping as his eyes widened. "Whoa. Ok. So, she's a lot hotter than I thought."

"Oh God, she's coming over here." I murmured to myself, quickly looking away from her as she walked over to the desk next to mine.

"Yeah, mom, I'll be fine." she said into her phone as she ruffled through her bag to get her books. "Wait. What do you mean? I don't have any other ride, I've been here for like, six hours." She paused and sighed, slumping against her seat. "Fine. I'll find a way. Look, I gotta go, class is starting soon and I don't want detention. Yeah, love you too." She hung up and bit her lip as she stuffed her phone into her bag.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked, getting a sudden boost of confidence.

She looked up, her beautiful emerald green eyes meeting mine. She smiled, nodding her head. 

"I'm fine. It's just that my mom can't pick me up today. I didn't mean to bother you, sorry." she explained, her hand gesturing to her bag.

"You didn't. Um, I live right next door to you if you need a ride." I offered, shrugging.

"How about I give you an answer at the end of the day? And how do you know where I live?"

"I heard noises last night and I saw you and your parents going into the house. I-I promise I'm not a stalker." I quickly reassured, smiling nervously as she laughed.

"Right, I probably should've thought about that. Um, I'll think about it. Thank you..." she trailed off, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Scott. My name's Scott." I held out my hand and felt my heart skip a beat as her soft fingers wrapped around mine.

"I'm Sophie."

"And I'm single. I mean, Stiles."

"Hi Stiles. Sophie." She held her hand out to him and smiled as he scrambled up to grab it.

"Alright, class everyone in their seats!" the teacher called out, standing up.

Class went by quickly, most of it spent passing notes with Stiles.

Art was next and I was actually somewhat looking forward to it. And then, as if to make it better, I was sitting next to Sophie again.

She waved and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey Scott! You like art?" she questioned as I sat next to her.

"Yeah. It's fun."

"Alright class, this week we have a fun new project. We'll be doing portraits. The person sitting next to you will be your partner. By Friday, I want a sketched portrait with three different angles. Starting now. Go!" the teacher instructed, smiling at us.

"Well think about it this way, now you actually have an excuse to stare at me." she teased, sending me a quick smile. 

"You saw that?"

"Scott, everyone saw it."

"Sorry. You're just really pretty." I blurted out before I could stop myself. 

I saw lips pull up into a grin as she ducked her head, using her hair as a shield.

"I'm nothing special. Let's, uh, get started." She reached for her sketchbook but I took her hand again.

"You're gorgeous. You are definitely something special." I insisted, smiling shyly at her.

"Well, thank you." She looked over at me again, the smile still on her face before she grabbed her sketchbook.

She made me sit there for the rest of the class, posing. I may have struck a few over the top ones just to make her laugh.

"Sit with me at lunch?" she offered as class ended.

I nodded and looked down at our tangled fingers. Her fingers were warm and soft and they occasionally squeezed mine as we walked.

"Oh, we're locker buddies too. I think the world wants us to be friends." she joked, giggling as she opened the locker right next to mine.

My phone vibrated as I stuck my bag into my locker, a text from Stiles.

"You were just holding hands with the hot new girl. HOW?!"

Before I could answer, my phone was taken out of my hands.

"Hot new girl, huh?" she taunted, peeking up at me.

"I...you're very pretty...I, uh, um, Stiles, he, he loves to-" I stuttered, trying to think of an excuse. 

"You're adorable when you're blushing, Scott. Come on, you have to sit with the hot new girl at lunch."

Author's Note:

It's probably a crappy first chapter but I just need to get the ball rolling and then it'll be smooth sailing.

What'd you guys think? I haven't found too many Scott fanfics so I decided to write one of my own!

BTW, this plot is not going to follow the plot of Teen Wolf exactly. So, Allison and Scott never dated/met:)

Gif on the side is of Dianna Agron, who plays Sophie.

I will see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!