Our Decay

Soundtrack:
Salt n Pepa- Whatta Man
Whitney Houston- I Will Always Love You
Belinda Carlisle – Mad About You

Lacey sighed as she closed the book in front of her.
"Is that the last of them?" She asked, glancing over at Hank.
"That is the last one on the subject of travel between worlds. I do have a thought on the matter though." Hank took off his glasses and Lacey waited for him to explain. "Maybe the reason we're not having any luck is that the answer is in your reality." Lacey sighed again.
"You're probably right. I guess all of this is reaching a bit."
"Take any equipment you like, carry on doing experiments, but I don't think you're going to find the answer here." Hank told her gently. Lacey got to her feet and gave him a hug.
"Thank you for all your help."
"You're quite welcome, Lacey."
"I'm gonna head home, get some rest." Lacey told him as she packed away her stuff.
"Don't lose hope." Hank told her as she opened a portal. "IF anyone can find him, it's you." Lacey smiled at him before stepping through the portal. When she reached the other side it closed behind her and she sat down on the couch. She looked around the cabin. As much as she wanted to believe Hank, it was difficult to keep positive about it. Lacey closed her eyes and focused on Dean.

When she re-opened them she was standing in the foyer of a building. As she looked around Sam and Dean walked through the door. Lacey held back a squeal of happiness and rushed towards Dean. He let out a 'hmmmph' as she crashed into him. Sam gave him a funny look.
"Hey, Lacey." Dean said pointedly. Sam rolled his eyes and walked towards the stairs. "I take it you missed me" Dean smirked at her.
"Maybe." Lacey smiled back.
"Well, it has been a while."
"Oh really, how long?" Lacey asked.
"Since you were last here? Almost a month." Lacey's eyebrows went up in surprise.
"I feel bad, snaking Jo's case." Sam said as they caught up with him on the next floor. He used his lock picking kit to open one of the apartment doors.
"Yeah, maybe she put together a good file. But could you see her out here working one of these things? I don't think so." They both pulled out EMF meters. "You getting anything?"
"No, not yet." Lacey watched as they checked the room over. As Sam approached a light switch the EMF meter began to hum.
"What's that?" He leaned forward.
"What?" Sam touched something spilling out of the side of the fixture.
"Holy crap." Dean touched it too.
"That's ectoplasm. Well, Sam, I think I know what we're dealing with here. It's the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man." Dean told him sarcastically.
"Dean, I've only seen this stuff, like, twice. I mean, to make this stuff you have to be one majorly pissed off spirit."
"All right, let's find this badass before he snags any more girls." They headed for the door and walked back out into the hallway. As they closed the door they could hear voices and people approaching.
"It's so convenient."
"Yeah, it's a great building, fixed it up real nice. All the apartments come furnished too."
"It is so spacious. You know, my friend told me I absolutely have to come check it out, and I have to admit she was right. You did a really good job with this place." As they turned the corner they came face to face with Jo and a random guy.
"What the hell are you doing here?" Dean asked, not sounding impressed.
"There you are, honey." Jo walked over and put her arm round him. "This is my boyfriend Dean and his buddy Sam." Dean looked over uncomfortably at Lacey but she just winked at him.
"Good to meetcha. Quite a gal you've got here." The building manager noted.
"Oh yeah, she's a pistol." Dean smacked Jo on the ass.
"So, did you already check out that apartment? The one for rent." Jo asked pointedly.
"Yeah. Yes. Loved it. Heh. Great flow."
"How'd you get in?" The manager frowned.
"It was open."
"Now, Ed, when did the last tenant move out?" Jo asked.
"Oh, about a month ago. Cut and run, too. Stuck me for the rent."
"Well, her loss, our gain! Cause if Dean-o loves it, it's good enough for me."
"Oh, sweetie." Dean grimaced.
"We'll take it." Jo pulled out a wad of cash and handed it to Ed. Lacey smirked as he took the cash before handing over the keys.

A short while later they were sitting round the dining room table in the apartment.
"I'll flip you for the sofa." Jo offered.
"Does you're mother even know you're here?" Dean asked, glaring at her.
"I told her I was going to Vegas." Jo shrugged.
"You think she's gonna buy that?"
"I'm not an idiot. I got Ash to lay a credit card trail all the way to the casinos."
"You know, you shouldn't lie to your mom. Shouldn't be here either." Dean grumbled.
"Well, I am. So untwist your boxers and deal with it." Lacey chuckled at the expression on Dean's face.
"Oh, you think this is funny?" Dean turned to glare at her now.
"What?" Jo frowned. "What are you talking about?"
"It's ok, he hasn't lost his marbles, well not completely anyway." Sam smirked. "Dean's picked up this invisible girl, he's talking to her."
"Invisible girl?" Jo frowned.
"Her name's Lacey." Dean sighed, getting sick of explaining. "She's from the future."
"She's invisible and from the future?" Jo sounded sceptical.
"That was my reaction, but she knows stuff that no-one else would know, so she must know us some how." Sam shrugged.
"Well, where is she?" Jo asked, glancing around as if Lacey was going to materialise.
"She's sitting opposite you." Lacey waved as if Jo could see her.
"Where'd you get all that money from, anyways?" Sam asked, changing the subject.
"Working, at the Roadhouse." Jo shrugged.
"Hunters don't tip that well." Dean frowned.
"Well, they aren't that good at poker either." Dean's phone began to ring and he picked it up.
"Yeah. Oh, hi Ellen." Dean said, getting everyone's attention. "I'm telling her." He told Jo, hand over the speaker so Ellen couldn't hear. They began to have a muttered argument until Dean gave in. "I haven't seen her. Yeah, I'm sure. Absolutely." Dean hung up. Lacey glanced between the two on them, bemused.